Giant Pinwheel Brooch and Earrings

In Costume Jewelry > Sherman Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Sherman Costume Jewelry22 of 250An Early Sherman Pinwheel SetDeepest Red & Clear Brooch

Rocky22222Rocky22222 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Searching1Searching1 loves this.
BHIFOSBHIFOS loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Dawnlady1

One of the best Sherman designs in my opinion is the Giant Pinwheel Brooch. This one is Japanned and has Fuchsia, Lavender and Purple Swarovski crystals. This set belonged to Renee and when I first saw it I wanted to own it. It is one of those pieces that grabs at your heart and can’t stop dreaming about it. I was sure she would never sell it but then saw it listed in her Etsy shop. I messaged her and a deal was made. The set arrived to me yesterday and no photo can show how stunning it is. Lucky, lucky me!!
    Brooch - 3” across
    Earrings - 1”

logo
    Sherman Costume Jewelry
    GORGEOUS SHERMAN AB TOPAZ NAVETTE CITRINE RHINESTONE SPIRAL BROOCH EARRINGS SET
    GORGEOUS SHERMAN AB TOPAZ NAVETTE C...
    $170
    Sherman TURQUOISE & TOURMALINE - 1" WD ART GLASS CABOCHON CLUSTER BRACELET NR
    Sherman TURQUOISE & TOURMALINE - 1&...
    $79
    Sherman COBALT & GREY PEARLS -1" WD WIRE STRING FACETED BEAD CLUSTER BRACELET NR
    Sherman COBALT & GREY PEARLS -1"...
    $28
    Sherman ROSE PINK - ASHES OF ROSE - TRIPLE FLOWER POT CLUSTER MOTIF BROOCH SET
    Sherman ROSE PINK - ASHES OF ROSE -...
    $51
    logo
    GORGEOUS SHERMAN AB TOPAZ NAVETTE CITRINE RHINESTONE SPIRAL BROOCH EARRINGS SET
    GORGEOUS SHERMAN AB TOPAZ NAVETTE C...
    $170

Comments

1. Searching1 Searching1, 1 month ago
      Gorgeous Sherman brooch set!!!! The purple, fuchsia and lavender stones are so beautiful. The pinwheel design is stunning. Always a big plus to have the matching earrings. Spectacular set!!
    2. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
      Yes, Lucky you! One of my favorite crystal shapes are navettes, the slim ones! I have several brooches with them. This piece (set) is beyond words. The way Sherman incorporated them into his designs leaves just one word….PERFECTION!
    3. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 month ago
      Congrats, I noticed hers for the last several weeks and glad you got it. Quite pricey if I remember right, but it is a rarity and a very beautiful piece in any collection. The only thing that put me off was if price was in US funds or not. Good for you !~
    4. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 month ago
      I imagine she held on for a while to it, can't blame her. She told me she only collects Siam Red for her collection but this is not an easy piece to let go of !~
    5. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 month ago
      Beautiful piece and the colors are fantastic!
    6. Dawnlady1 Dawnlady1, 1 month ago
      Thanks everyone.
      Searching1, you are so right in saying that it is a nice plus to get the matching earrings. Ms.CrystalShip, thanks for the nice words and perfection is exactly what I thought when I saw it. PhilDMorris, can you imagine my delight when I saw that Renee was willing to part with the set. She told me also that Siam red is her preferred pieces to collect. The price was high but sometimes a big gulp and a let’s go for it is needed to get something special. Renee was also very generous and gave me a discount. Vintage lamp, appreciate the nice words. Thanks for the nice comments from all of you.
    7. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 1 month ago
      Wonderful colourway … wonderful giant Sherman set!
    8. Dawnlady1 Dawnlady1, 1 month ago
      Thanks Daisy1000.
    9. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 month ago
      Very pretty!
    10. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 1 month ago
      This needs another look. It is so magnificent. I wonder if it is one of a kind. It’s traceable history seems to make it so, doesn’t it. I have never heard tell of another set such as this. Definitely never seen one. This is the original book piece.
    11. Dawnlady1 Dawnlady1, 1 month ago
      Daisy1000, I did not know this is the original book piece. I have never seen another like it in these colours.
    12. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Absolutely beautiful colors, the brooch reminds me of a lovely chrysanthemum in Spring
    13. Dawnlady1 Dawnlady1, 1 month ago
      Newfld, there has always been a bit of controversy over what to call this brooch! I love the term chrysanthemum. That suits it perfectly.