Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Set of 4, Vintage, Mid Century, Modern, 60's, 70's, Eames Era, Black Chairs

In Furniture > Chairs > Show & Tell and Furniture > Mid-Century Modern Furniture > Show & Tell.
Recent comments90734 of 132244Large Vintage Cherokee Club Banner BLACK AMERICANA ADVERTISING CARDS (late 19th & early 20th century)
Love it
Like it

NiceficeNicefice loves this.
lundylundy loves this.
MoneypennyMoneypenny loves this.
peteeonepeteeone loves this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

Recently, I found this GREAT set of 4, Mid Century Office/Lounge Chairs, and I'm trying to find out who the designer is. Any suggestions? I did a search to see if I could find another chair just like these, but my search was futile. I'm posting here in hopes that someone can help me.

Each chair is fairly heavy. I'm pretty sure that the frames are made of steel. Although they look like black leather, the padded seats and backs are not. The arm and side rails appear to be walnut.

Also, a few of the chairs have some slight surface rust. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to clean them without completely scratching the steel frame. I've not worked with metal before, so I don't want to damage the chairs trying to clean up a little rust.

Thanks for any help someone can offer me.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Woman34 Woman34, 7 years ago
    Hi- if you go to a site called Flickr, there is a mid-century modern group. It has all kind of pics of mid-century and some of the posters there could give you some tips on how to clean it I'm sure. I remember one woman saying she used a sponge with one of those scouring sides on it, Comet, and Cola (Coke I assume) to remove the hard to get out rust areas. Hope this helps.
  2. Moneypenny Moneypenny, 4 years ago
    As strange as it may sound, I was told to rub a ball of foil on surface rust of brushed chromed steel. Kinda works.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.