Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What is this???

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Recent activity170367 of 178845Can anyone tell me what this is?????Sports Baseball
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(20 items)

Ok lets try this again hopefully these are better pics. Its another mystery to me..... Does anyone have a clue... when you squeeze the handle the white part you see in the first pic pushes forward into the round disc part which has measurements on it and spins

Mystery Solved


  1. gundoc1, 6 years ago
    The pict's are still a bit fuzzy, but it looks like a tool to set the teeth on a handsaw.
  2. TRIKER TRIKER, 6 years ago
    That's exactly what it is. It sets the angle of the teeth side to side for what is called the kirf. That is so that the teeth cut wider than the body of the saw to eliminate binding and to allow the teeth to clean themselves with each stroke. The round part with measurements will have different angles at each setting for different saw applications.
    Hope that helps
  3. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 6 years ago
    I'd say SOLVED !
  4. bbmbr2000, 6 years ago
    Thanks you guys...always a big help...

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.