Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What is it?

In Furniture > Show & Tell.
Recent activity54458 of 180864Coca Cola Display RackCan anyone ID this car make please?
Love it
Like it

NiceficeNicefice loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(3 items)

Any idea what this is? The jaws open up as you can see by the middle picture. Could it be something to hold a barrel or some other object?
It is called a baler. It was used to put items across the jaws, such as stems of wheat, and then the jaws are pushed shut to make a bundle and then tie with twine. Still looking for more information about this as to when, what and how it was actually used. I have not been able to find any information about it any place.
Is there another site other than furniture that could be of more help?
Any information would be appreciated.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    Put it in Tools. You try baling wheat with that. No way. I even looked up thatch making. You can't find info because that is not what it is. Not sure what it is, but it's not for bundling wheat.
  2. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    Carpet bag holder? Tapestry frame? Folding side saddle rack? Pieces are missing.
  3. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    Rug rack? Rug roller? Victorians rolled up the rugs in summer sometimes.
  4. brunswick brunswick, 1 year ago
    Paper roll?? Thomas.
  5. Celiene Celiene, 1 year ago
    That hole in the one prong does something.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.