Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Need Help to Identify Moser Type wine? glass?

In Glassware > Show & Tell.
Recent comments119402 of 132354My Ray Bradbury Autograph (almost) and Doodleen ar co     bank
Love it
Like it

vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(1 item)

I found these beautiful glasses in a antique/junk shop and was told they were likely german from the 50-60's. Other than that, the most I can find is that they resemble Moser glass. They are quite tall and slender and have finer ribbing than I have seen on Moser glasses. The base is a funnel and the bauble in the middle is blown glass.
If anyone knows, I sure would love a clue.


Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Paul71 Paul71, 6 years ago
    This type of German wine glass is called a Römer or "Roemer", derived from the word "Roman" for the Romans were given credit for introducing the first vines into Germany. They are also popularly used in Alsace, the stems being green and the bowls clear. They have been made for hundreds of years. It would be quite difficult to attribute them to a particular manufacturer or time period, as many are made in the "old style" where early manufacturing techniques are often still employed in their production.
  2. Clueless33, 6 years ago
    Thanks for the quick response. I really had not expected much but am much appreicative that someone has an answer, very fascinating...
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 6 years ago
    They look good enough to be Theresienthal.
  4. cogito cogito, 6 years ago
    I agree with vetraio50. They look like Theresienthal production.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.