Viking Ship and Happy New Years to Everyone !

All items189950 of 221060Need help identifing 2 Vintage Detriot Tigers Pennantsold nursery light

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
rhinomanrhinoman loves this.
Samovar88Samovar88 likes this.
lmpadenlmpaden likes this.
BeauxPurdyBeauxPurdy loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.

ThriftyGypsy

Happy New Years Eve everyone here on Collectors Weekly ! I hope everyone has a safe New Years and a prosperous new year of "picking". I wanted to post another one of my finds from this week and wish everyone a happy New Year. This is also my # 50 post so I was kind of excited about it. I thought this was a cool and unusual viking ship, with great detail. There is a name on the bottom, but I have been unable to find out anything on it. It appears to be made out of pewter, but I am not 100% sure about that. It is small, which fits in with alot of the items I collect. I seem to always be attracted to items that are small, and are easily displayed on my shelves ! It gives me more room to add to my collection ! I am hoping someone has seen something like this before, and knows a little bit about it. Thanks for looking. Thrifty Gypsy

Comments

1. packrat-place packrat-place, 9 years ago
      Love it.
      I cannot read the name, would you please let me know what it says on the bottom.
    2. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Hey packrat-place, Happy New Year ! Sorry about the quality of the photo, my camera was acting crazy. The wording on the bottom is: HANDSTOPT. Then there are the initials TPB below it. That is all I can see. I really appreciate the love, and any help that you can give me ! Thanks again, Thrifty Gypsy
    3. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks for the love scandinavian_pieces ! Happy New Year !
    4. packrat-place packrat-place, 9 years ago
      I did find a little.
      HÅNDSTØPT means handcast (in Norwegian).
      TPB - a marking on items made by a company that may have once been in existence in Bergen, Norway.
      Hope this helps a little
    5. kerry10456 kerry10456, 9 years ago
      Happy New Year, hope the new one finds you healthy and wise.
    6. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks for the love BeauxPurdy !
    7. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks for the love kerry10456, and Happy New Year! Hope you yours is healthy and wise also ! Thrifty Gypsy
    8. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks for the help on the research scandinavian_pieces and the cool website. I appreciate you looking that up for me. Happy New Year to you and your family !
      Thrifty Gypsy
    9. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thank you again Packrat-place ! I will add this to my notes on this item. I thought that it might be either Norwegian or Swedish. That definitely helped me out as usual. Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to working with you in the new year ! Take care. Thrifty Gypsy
    10. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks for the "like" Impaden !
    11. Samovar88 Samovar88, 9 years ago
      I purchased a new viking ship around the same dimensions in Norway about 17 years ago. It was sold as a salt cellar. It came with 2 little viking themed spoons and was for placing salt on the table. I don't know for sure if yours had the same use, but hope this might help your research.
    12. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, for the love, and Happy New Year 2012 to you ! I was able to find that there are some of these in silver and pewter. Some are actually coated with enamel. I have been unable to find any markings on it, so I am still looking. Just want you to know I have been following your photos and they are awesome ! Talk to you later, Thrifty Gypsy
    13. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 9 years ago
      Thanks for the information Samovar88, and the like. I believe my ship is a salt cellar to, but it did not have a spoon when I bought it. That was a main reason I could not figure out what it was. It is definitely an intersting item ! Thanks again, Thrifty Gypsy
    14. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 8 years ago
      Thanks mustangtony for the love! Thrifty
    15. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 8 years ago
      Thanks rhinoman for the love! Glad you enjoyed it. I am still looking for the spoon that goes with it! Thrifty
    16. ThriftyGypsy ThriftyGypsy, 7 years ago
      Thanks tom61375 for the love. T.G.