Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Printing Press Letters

In Office > Printing Equipment > Show & Tell.
All items178085 of 181745Haviland Covered Casserole Green Coke Cooler--small coca-cola ice box
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

Printing press letters. I have approx. 900 in all different styles and sizes, but most are just standard block text and easy to describe. This one is one that i am not quite sure how to explain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Bootson Bootson, 6 years ago
    Looks like old wood block "display type". It is a condensed type face but I don't know the name of it, but if you find a graphic designer that works with type all the time, they should be able to help you out.
  2. benjclark benjclark, 6 years ago
    Most of the wood type that still exists in the US was made by Hamilton. There is now a fabulous Hamilton Wood Type Museum, get in touch with them:

    PLEASE DO NOT USE FOR CRAFTING! It breaks my heart when I see perfectly good antique wood type chopped up and used in horrid crafter signs, etc. Wood type is a very practical tool, still used by letterpress printers, and is FINITE. No one makes it any longer. Letterpress printers buy to preserve and use.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.