1927 Cardboard Coca Cola Sign by MCA Sign Co. Massillon, Ohio 60"x21"

In Coca-Cola > Coke Signs > Show & Tell and Advertising > Show & Tell.
Coke Signs821 of 11081948 Canadian Porcelain16" Button sign with Arrow and a Bottle sign

Sunmoon2679Sunmoon2679 loves this.
DaveSierraDaveSierra loves this.
smiatasmiata loves this.
bhead1bhead1 loves this.
februarystarskcfebruarystarskc loves this.
tlmbarantlmbaran likes this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
tommy1002tommy1002 loves this.
spriteboy42spriteboy42 loves this.
coke.trevor.colacoke.trevor.cola loves this.
pickrknowspickrknows loves this.

Daddy_Nobu…

I received my new favorite sign today, a sweet 1927 cardboard beauty with metal frame. Tip of the cap to TGBWC, who recognized the potential of this opportunity and provided the lead. So I purchased it from a nice lady who had picked it up at an estate sale, after it came out of a barn in Henderson, Tennessee. Condition is very good and colors still pop. It's a fantastic piece of art. The bottle graphic is very detailed. Ray reports these signs were temporary, displayed at fairs, ballparks, outdoor events in the 1920s-30s, so not many survive. I'll have it properly framed. In the meantime, it hangs over the bed in our spare bedroom downstairs. Looks pretty good there, may have to make it permanent in that spot!

Dave

logo
    Coke Signs
     Vintage c.1960 Pepsi Coca Cola Soda Pop 27" Embossed Metal Thermometer Sign
    Vintage c.1960 Pepsi Coca Cola Sod...
    $84
    Vintage Coca Cola (Coke) Original Porcelain & Metal Advertising Sign ~ Small
    Vintage Coca Cola (Coke) Original P...
    $33
    1933  Porcelain Coca-Cola Fountain-Service Sign
    1933 Porcelain Coca-Cola Fountain-...
    $320
    50s Vintage Green Coca-Cola Fish Tail Advertising Clock Sign Pam Swihart Coke
    50s Vintage Green Coca-Cola Fish Ta...
    $300
    logo
     Vintage c.1960 Pepsi Coca Cola Soda Pop 27" Embossed Metal Thermometer Sign
    Vintage c.1960 Pepsi Coca Cola Sod...
    $84

Comments

1. pickrknows pickrknows, 9 years ago
      AWESOME!!! Dave you scored another beaut!! Your framer is going to love you buddy, thats an excellent score.
      A tip from Ray eh!! sweet!!
    2. coke.trevor.cola coke.trevor.cola, 9 years ago
      Sweet Cardboard Sign Dave, good spot too!
    3. tommy1002 tommy1002, 9 years ago
      Over the spare bed !!!!!! Hell that puppy would be IN my bed nice and close!!!! Great piece my friend, good call Ray!!
    4. officialfuel officialfuel, 9 years ago
      I think it would look better hanging with the rest of your colletion!
    5. officialfuel officialfuel, 9 years ago
      Sorry a typo (collection)
    6. tommy1002 tommy1002, 9 years ago
      That's how the collection spreads, piece over here... another over there. Before ya know it, whole house encompassed. Mission Accopmlished, lol
    7. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 9 years ago
      Thanks Guys for the nice comments. My dad is here tonight and I've been giving him the tour. Last time he was here, two years ago, I had 4 signs. Usually we travel up north to see him, but we're lucky he's a Snowbird, so getting a chance to spend some time with him before he goes back to Florida. It's been fun sharing this stuff with him, he actually seems impressed. Well, this latest acquisition is definitely one for the books. Poor TGBWC, I'm wearing out his e-mail with Thank You's. :)
    8. spriteboy42 spriteboy42, 9 years ago
      Very cool sign!! Nice condition.
    9. Signaholic Signaholic, 9 years ago
      WOAH! Ok, I quit now. You guys keep findin stuff I haven't even seen before.
    10. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 9 years ago
      Thanks spriteboy and Perry!
    11. Benking, 9 years ago
      I have a Coke sign that you never saw in books as it's not in them nor will you ever see another likely! Interested?
    12. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 9 years ago
      TGBWC, you're up early!
    13. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 9 years ago
      Hey Tommy, I did cuddle with it a little before hanging! :)
    14. tommy1002 tommy1002, 9 years ago
      You'd be cuddling with it right now Ray, wouldn't ya??!!!
    15. Daddy_Nobucks Daddy_Nobucks, 9 years ago
      Nah Ray, with your collection, past and present? Nice of you to throw the newbies a bone once in awhile.