Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Thrift Store Score!!! Sheffield plate tea pot!2 pint

In Silver > Silver Pitchers > Show & Tell.
Silver2239 of 2591Sterling silver spoons!Sterling Spoon
1
Love it
0
Like it

packrat-placepackrat-place loves this.
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.


    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate



    Posted 7 years ago

    pickrknows
    (325 items)

    Finally scored at our local thrift, after many trips and a few tips (thanks Bellin!!). This piece is made by Hamilton& Laidlaw, EPNS, (electro-plated nickel silver)made in Sheffield, England, not sure of the date, was very tarnished,but the weight was my first clue that this was not a cheap chinese piece. Paid $4.99 for it, was already offered double by my Mom, who's now going to start scoping out the thrifts! It cleaned up real good, and still has a nice patina.. Also found six Speiglau wine glasses for .79C each. !!!2 scores in one day!!

    Comments

    1. pickrknows pickrknows, 7 years ago
      Thanks Amy, was'nt sure, thought maybe tea, but could be coffee? This should be your call, seeing how you are both from there!! It's definately for a hot liquid judging by the holes in the handle to cool it down!
    2. Signaholic Signaholic, 7 years ago
      Sweet pickin Bernie! I'm unloadin a ton of this type stuff on ebay right.
    3. pickrknows pickrknows, 7 years ago
      Thank-you Amy, Sean, & Perry for the nice comments! & I agree Amy, sure looks like coffee shaped, not tea, but the size is what made me unsure, my mom thinks hot water for tea/coffee?
    4. Stillwater Stillwater, 6 years ago
      Word of advice, I really wouldn't spend much money on silver-plate... You'll never get your money back when it comes time to liquidate the collection. There is only a market for about 10% of silver-plate items out there, and its the really unusual, fantastic stuff. You can't GIVE the other 90% away.
    5. pickrknows pickrknows, 6 years ago
      Thanks Stillwater, I agree the plated stuff is basically worthless, but the money I spent was very little, and goes to a good cause, and I needed a few pieces as accents for the sterling pieces I have.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.