Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Is it a Mold/Mould

In Kitchen > Molds > Show & Tell.
Kitchen4824 of 6134coffee potScandinavian Bonanza!
Love it
Like it

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(1 item)

This item seems to be unlined copper. It measures about 4 1/2" to a side and 2 1/2" high. Purchased in a lot of brass items at an auction, I've researched this one for some time with no luck. I thought it was some sort of mold but am mystified how it would be used. The top and the bottom are both removable. The top is marked with a number and "Austria".

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. mrmajestic1 mrmajestic1, 5 years ago
    Are those individual columns or is that a fluted pan between the top and bottom?
  2. pollyestr2, 5 years ago
    I guess you could call it fluted - there is no opening except for the top and bottom being removable. You can then see right through.
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 5 years ago
    A really interesting item!
    If it is a mould it could have been used for jellies and desserts.
    They were not lined in tin, I think.
    But I have seen this type of fluting on jelly moulds and ice cream moulds.
    The decoration is in my mind a version of "Jugendstil".
    It might date to the very early 1900's.
    Just the thing for a Secessionist table!

    I hope some of the Jugendstil/Art Nouveau metal people see this one!
  4. pollyestr2, 5 years ago
    Thank you for your comments; they give me a clue for more research. I do believe it could be that old and I now remember that I have a book on "Art Nouveau in Munich " that I can start with!

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.