Share your favorites on Show & Tell

More stuff

Recent activity26359 of 181853Cy Young PatchK10 Cast Iron Scales
Love it
Like it

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
livetoridelivetoride loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(104 items)

I know what the stuff in this picture is except the tool with a crank. I sez the Acme Rotery pat pend. Something is cranked through it with steam heat I think, you can see the thermometer to check the temp. What is it ? My pet spider had lunch and is hideing.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. tony, 7 years ago
    looksa to me as if it was part of an old laundry press but i cant be quite sure without closer picts.
  2. areliczone areliczone, 7 years ago
    The tool rollers are 10" wide and made of steel. As I remember those laundry presses were covered with cloth. It reminds me of the old ringer type washing machines, or a metal bending tool, except they didn't use heat. My guess is, its for laminating plastic. I hope someone knows.
  3. areliczone areliczone, 7 years ago
    Also when you cold roll steel or other metal, a tool like this is used.
  4. DMK678 DMK678, 7 years ago
    I wonder if this belongs to more or something bigger, This is only a guess, but
    being used with heat and steam, It reminds me of something I've seen used to remove fur from animal hides, but being 10'' wide you got me ?? on this one.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.