Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What kind of lamp is this?

In Lamps > Table Lamps > Show & Tell.
Lamps5006 of 6561Hurracaine Lamps Gone With the Wind Hand Painted?Pairpoint reverse painted scenic lamp
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(33 items)

Any idea on the year? is this a hurricane table lamp hand painted from the 70s?

Label below says: Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Listed Portable Lamp Issue No. E-5736 Plymouth Darlee Inc R D



Mystery Solved


  1. JohannB JohannB, 5 years ago
    Not really that old. These are still being made. Decorative value is about $20.
  2. rural_charms rural_charms, 5 years ago
    Thank you :) @ JohannB
  3. TallCakes TallCakes, 5 years ago
    also called GWTW (Gone with the Wind) lamps, yours appears to be from 1960s to 1970s. The style had interest spurned by the release of the Gone With The Wind film at the time. The market value is all over the place on these things; I've seen them go for as much as $300; 'tho as Johann states lower pricing is more prevalent. UL is just an independent testing agency and allows referencing labels to be applied to anything that they test and 'approve'.
  4. rural_charms rural_charms, 5 years ago
    Oh wow, interesting fact about the UL label.

    I love these type of lamps they are just so charming, my grandma used to have these.

    I have couple of more lamps I will be posting this morning... for identification purposes... hopefully I learn something about them as well.


Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.