Share your favorites on Show & Tell

3 Antique Tools Need Help Identifying

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell and Railroadiana > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware4980 of 6448WWII 1942 Marking Outfit for Stamping MetalDo you know what this is and what it is used for?  Hensoldt Wetzlar Pentagram?
Love it
Like it

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(18 items)

These 3 are From a England Container, I Think the Little One is a Railroad Marking but i cant Find anything on it, or even What it is!

The Other 2 are Unmarked Except for 1 has a "1" etched on one side...anyone know what the Wrenches are Called?


Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. railnsail, 5 years ago
    I'm not sure if they are railroad, but H&S Ltd is a tool company in the UK.
  2. packrat-place packrat-place, 5 years ago
    I believe they are some type of old hand crank starter wrenches.
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 years ago
    They won't be a hank crank, a starter wrench has to have a means of disengaging once the engine fires or it will spin with the engine.
    They are probably an adjusting wrench, for something that needs a lot of turns quickly, but were a wheel wouldn't be practical.
    The wrench with the round hole has me baffled though.
  4. MysteriousGT1, 5 years ago
    thanks for the feedback guys, i am still unsure of the one with the round hole also
  5. ralph ralph, 5 years ago
    they are tap handels that come off so noone can tern the tap on without the handel for safty resions.
  6. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 years ago
    @ ralph do you mean a valve?
  7. ralph ralph, 5 years ago
    yes gate valve -tap -forcet.
  8. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 years ago
    Thats one of the thing I was thinking about when I mentioned wheel, your explanation sounds so much better ralph.
  9. carpenter17, 4 years ago
    Kind of looks like the old grate shaker handles used for coal or wood stoves.
  10. VirginiaIron VirginiaIron, 4 years ago
    The two crank type units are similar to coal stove shaker grate tool handles
  11. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 4 years ago
    I agree with shaker handles. You couldn't leave them on the grate because they heated up. The small one I have no idea.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.