Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Clear Curvy Glass Bowls

In Glassware > Show & Tell.
Iasunflower's items9 of 12antique table?Johnny Bravo Bowling Ball
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 7 years ago

    (12 items)

    I've recently found a few of these type of curvy glass bowls at Garage sales and such and was wondering if there is an actual name for them? (other than curvy bowls) :) or if they are specific to certain years?.


    Mystery Solved


    1. AmberRose AmberRose, 7 years ago
      They are chip bowls. There should be a little mini bowl that has a cage that snaps onto the the side. Chips and dip. Very popular in the 60s and 70s You will find these in all kinds of colors too. The cage connecting the two is the toughest to find. They are rarely "sitting" together at the thrifts so look around when you find one.
      Not worth a whole lot, as there are a ton of them around.
    2. Iasunflower Iasunflower, 7 years ago
      Thanks Amber!...I had no idea they were chip bowls, but it was what I was going to use them for at parties! ha.....I have been looking all over for more and have yet to find a one....thanks, and I'll keep my eyes open for the "mini bowl w/cage"

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.