Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What is this, looking for infermation. Please make a comment

In Petroliana > Show & Tell and Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Recent activity177900 of 178894What's this??? I found it while picking through some Model T & A partsOne of my favorite collectibles.
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

Hello there.

My name is Kurt and I enjoy old things.

I found this while rummaging around an old dump site and I have no idea what it is.

Picture #1 show's the over all item, wheels, stand, hose and pump handle.

Picture #2 show's a tire type valve on the top of the tank, closest to you and in the center of the tank a pump like unit with a butterfly handle to open the tank up, to possibley fill the tank up with a liquid and also show's a hinged handle for pumping.

Picture #3 show's where the hose fastens to the back of the drum and in the middle down low it show's a presure release valve.

If you have any idea what this was used for, I would appreciate any feed back anyone has to offer.


Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Tinker, 7 years ago
    No one knows what this is???????????????????????
  2. jsw14 jsw14, 7 years ago
    IMO, It's a insect sprayer......For your lawn or garden!
  3. Tinker, 7 years ago
    jsw14 are you sure, or is that a guess. I think it has something to do with a service station because it was with auto parts and tire's in a old dump site i found. Thanks for replying jsw14, but i'm not satisfied with that answer, so i'll leave it as unsolved for now.
  4. jsw14 jsw14, 7 years ago
    Hmmmm, portable air tanks didn't have a pump handle.......But this could be used for tractors tires, as they put a white gooie liquid inside the tire to seal it to prevent flats on tractors. they sell it at Co-op. I have some in my lawn tractor tires....Works well too!
    Hope that helps.......
  5. Tinker, 7 years ago
    I don't know if thats right , but thanks for the imput. Not satisfied
  6. walksoftly walksoftly, 7 years ago
    The valve on the back is not a pressure relief valve, it's just a drain valve, like on a radiator. This could be a fluid transfer pump, it would enable a mechanic to put fluids ( oil, antifreeze etc. ) into equipment, vehicles, for those hard to reach spots.
  7. Tinker, 7 years ago
    thanks walksoftly , that is the best guess i have recived yet. Thanks
  8. Tinker, 7 years ago
    Someone knows what this is ?
  9. Happythisway Happythisway, 7 years ago
    I never seen one just like it but mechanically it is the same principle as a pump up sprayer for garden or orchard. Open the top, put in your insect spray, water, and then close it up and pump up the pressure. There should be a spray wand on the end of the hose where you could pull the trigger and walk along spraying the fruit trees or garden. The old ones had a galvanized can, about 3 gallon, that stood upright and you had to carry it, no wheels. The new ones are all plastic. It could have been used, as an afterthought around a service station to spray soap on cars or tire cleaner, as a reason to find it with tires etc. The tire valve on top so you could pressurize it with an air pump, but you sure wouldn't want to put much pressure in it. I notice the discharge hose is on the bottom only when it is tipped and being pulled or pushed. Actually it would be quite handy pulling it around spraying the yard. Research orchard sprayers and the like.
  10. Happythisway Happythisway, 7 years ago
    Now I noticed the plastic wheels. That would not indicate the period of the galvanized sprayer unless they were replacements for some hard rubber wheel or metal.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.