Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Anyone know what this is? It says Eastman Kodak?

In Cameras > Kodak Cameras > Show & Tell and Cameras > Wood Cameras > Show & Tell.
Cameras772 of 1297Daguerreotype with Chamfered Box CameraPhotographers & Their Cameras - Captions Wanted!
Love it
Like it

musikchoomusikchoo loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago

(1 item)

I found this at a second hand store today for $2.00. It looked interesting but I haven't got a clue as to what it is. It says Eastman Kodak Co. on an ivory tag. There is a number 9330 engraved in the wood. The back of it says "Pat May 5, 1883 Patents Applied for in All Countries." I'd love to know its history and would love any input.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. rniederman rniederman, 6 years ago
    This is a film roll adapter made by Kodak for use on plate cameras. In most cases, the rollholder serial number matches the camera's. These are historically interesting, quite desirable and often get up to about $250. If complete (all parts in place), you did really well.
  2. mishamichele, 6 years ago
    Thank you so much for the information!!! I knew somebody on here would know:)

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.