Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Hammond Pig Truck

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell and Office > Printing Equipment > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware4703 of 6291My favorite hand weaponAnyone know what these are called? All are marked PROTO except far right marked Geo W Diener
Love it
Like it

ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.
chinabluechinablue loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(143 items)

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a sucker for old industrial stuff. I found this old cart at an auction the other night.

At first I thought maybe it was an old slaughterhouse piece because of the tag that says Hammond Pig Truck but further research showed that it was used for hauling lead ingots (aka pigs) for typesetting machines in the printing industry.

Hated to repaint it but all the rollers were shot and after welding new casters and welding a couple of cracks it was nessesary.

Made of heavy plate steel.


  1. chinablue chinablue, 5 years ago
    Thanks for explaining this! I had visions of a pink piggy tottering on it as it was wheeled to perhaps it's final fate! *L* My husband's a pressman.. and with the decrease in printed material today, I'm sure this will become even more historic. Our grandchildren will probably ask, what is a printing press! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.