Share your favorites on Show & Tell

old vice

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware4678 of 6276Victorian? era Hardware? please help identifyCotton Scale with weight
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(164 items)

More pics of an old vice, the piece at the bottom sticking out must have gone through a hole in the leg of a bench and the holes in it for a pin etc to lock it in place, the block on the threaded shaft has a internal threaded collar on it and would have been a part of the bench. the collar on the shaft near the handle had screws in it to fix it to the actual vice board. I don't think the handle is the original one.


  1. hhbeam, 5 years ago
    Your thoughts on this are correct. Commonly called a leg vice.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.