Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Help with this

In Posters and Prints > Show & Tell.
Posters and Prints1163 of 2355Children by Joanne ThompsonLeonardo Da Vinci print..?
Love it
Like it

walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
f64imagerf64imager loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(50 items)

This is a image printed on a metallic sheet.
It measures 8 x 8 inches.
It hasn't any reference.
Is this an etching, or lithography, or what?
Thanks for watching!!!!

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 5 years ago
    Hi, pawis! Someone will know what kind of photo this is. It's beautiful.
  2. pawis pawis, 5 years ago
    Thanks!!!!!!! It is and really different., I appreciate your support :)
  3. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 5 years ago
    You're most welcome! Scottvez is one who could help. I'll go flag him down, as he has been working on military stuff all day long. : )
  4. scottvez scottvez, 5 years ago
    Thanks mikko. I don't know on this item--can't tell much from the one image.

    Additional photos showing the back, side for thickness, and a close up may help.

  5. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 5 years ago
    Thanks a lot, scott! Appreciate it. Your opinion is always respected. miKKo
  6. pawis pawis, 5 years ago
    Thanks boys, I will send more pictures tomorrow!!!!
  7. miKKoChristmas11 miKKoChristmas11, 5 years ago
    Great, pawis! I look forward to that. By the way, I am a woman - funny name for a woman, I know. I'm glad that you joined CW. : )
  8. rniederman rniederman, 5 years ago
    Look at the image under a magnifying glass. If there are uniform dots, it's lithography. If there are physical impressions or raised ink, it could be some type of printing process such as an etching or intaglio. If it looks like a photograph (you would see 'grain' similar to what you see from old style film enlargements), it's probably photographic. Liquid photographic emulsion has been available for years. Photographers could coat metal, wood and most any material as a subsitute for printing paper.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.