Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Possible Tin Crimping Tool

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware4647 of 6283Can anyone please tell me what this is???vintage  block planes
Love it
Like it

walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
spiritinthesky3spiritinthesky3 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago


(1 item)

I recently acquired a tool & I have no idea as to what it is. I have
been asking around and I have been told it is either a crimper of groover for tin or sheetmetal ???
Others have said something to do with leather ??

It seems to be all cast/metal except for the wood handle & Clearly visible on the side is Eagle Mfg. - St. Louis MO.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. fixitjmc fixitjmc, 5 years ago
    looks a lot like the type of crimping wheel one would use when joining pieces of stovepipe or some other thin walled tubing.
  2. spiritinthesky3 spiritinthesky3, 5 years ago
    I just posted something very similar I had bought at an auction. Mine is in fact a leather cutter! Yours does look to do some type of imprinting.
  3. walksoftly walksoftly, 5 years ago
    I believe the machine is used to cut leather to width.
    It's known as a Leather Crank Skiver.
    If it was for crimping metal it would need matching grooved crimping rollers, as this has only one grooved roller it's purpose is to grip the leather.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.