Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What's this??? I found it while picking through some Model T & A parts

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Recent activity177862 of 178881oil canWhat is this, looking for infermation. Please make a comment
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

Just wondering if anyone knows what this tool is. i have no clue and thought someone might have some insight.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. jsw14 jsw14, 7 years ago
    It looks like a casting metal mold of some sort. Hmmmm.....
  2. Happythisway Happythisway, 7 years ago
    That was for applying a hot patch to an inner tube. They would apply a rubber patch to the hole in the inner tube and then clamp it in that device. Then place it with the cup facing up, put some gas in the bowl with the bumps, and then light it and let it burn. The bumps would transfer heat to the patch and melt it to the inner tube. Later they made hot patches that had a little tin cup stuck right to the patch. You didn't use this contraption anymore. You clamped it with a special C clamp and lit the powder in the tin cup and it burned real quick and melted the patch to the inner tube. Them are long gone also. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.