Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Antique Kitchen Item (?)

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell and Kitchen > Show & Tell.
Kitchen4624 of 6478un-known wood toolTray Made in Western Germany
Love it
Like it

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
cindyjunecindyjune loves this.
epson233epson233 loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
See 5 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 5 years ago

(1 item)

Possibly from my Great great grandmothers mother in-law (Late 1800's). I have NO clue what it could be, maybe a sifter, but the bottom cap like thing rotates around the small bowl with holes in it. Who knows!? If it is of any use, on the back there is a very small Upper case 'B' with whet looks like an 'N' in the upper half and either an '@' sign or an upper case 'C' with a curl.Then below it, it says 'PATAPLDFOR' im guessing it mean patten applied for (?) It would really make my head stop hurting if I knew its use!! Thanks!!

Mystery Solved


  1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 5 years ago
    Could it be used to roast nuts?
  2. TallCakes TallCakes, 5 years ago
    swivel table rest tea strainer; put the tea leaves in the strainer with the table rest turned to the side while water poured thru tea leaves, and then swivel the table rest below the strainer to catch any drips while the wet tea leaves sits on the table and you enjoy you hot tea.
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 5 years ago
    Thanks TallCakes. I was afraid this one was going to keep me awake tonite.
  4. Savannah_Lou, 5 years ago
    Ahh!! Thank you so much TallCakes!! You saved my life!! Many thanks

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.