Heishe & turquoise zig-zag stainless steel cuff

In Fine Jewelry > Native American Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Cuff Bracelets > Show & Tell.
Native American Jewelry309 of 386King's Manassa Mine? Navajo braceletGreen turquoise & sterling Navajo assembled bracelet

AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Alfie21Alfie21 loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
freiheitfreiheit loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
Agram.mAgram.m loves this.
sarahoffsarahoff loves this.
vintagejewelvintagejewel loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.

valentino97

I LOVE this cuff. It is 1 1/2" wide w/the heishe channel 1" wide - a few nice green turquoise tubes sprinkled in. I have worn it for 10 yrs and all still in place. Whoever made it did a great job, no chips or missing pieces. They used a glue but it hasn't yellowed the heishes - no markings. I am not sure of its age.

logo
    Native American Jewelry
    HEAVY OLD NAVAJO 1930s/40s COIN SILVER SQUASH BLOSSOM STYLE NAJA NECKLACE 342 gm
    HEAVY OLD NAVAJO 1930s/40s COIN SIL...
    $263
    Dead Pawn Navajo Handmade Sterling Petit Point Turquoise SQUASH BLOSSOM Necklace
    Dead Pawn Navajo Handmade Sterling ...
    $2,600
    VINTAGE NAVAJO TURQUOISE "CHEROKEE BEAR" STERLING SILVER HUGE RING vafo
    VINTAGE NAVAJO TURQUOISE "CHERO...
    $81
    Navajo Squash Blossom Necklace Turquoise Earrings Sterling Silver 191.6 Grams
    Navajo Squash Blossom Necklace Turq...
    $261
    logo
    HEAVY OLD NAVAJO 1930s/40s COIN SIL...
    $263

Comments

1. davyd286, 9 years ago
      Have you had the metal tested for silver content?
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      No I haven't - it's very shiny and hasn't tarnished over the years so I think it's a base metal. Honestly Davy - I don't know how to test metal for silver content.
    3. Newtimes Newtimes, 9 years ago
      What a nice bracelet!
      Well you can buy a simple acid test and testing stone on internet for a few bucks. Its very simple to test. You just make a small scratch with the object on the testingstone. Then you put a drop of acid on the left over scratch on the stone. If red or brown appears, its silver.
      I bought a gold, platinum and silver testing set a few months ago and its a really fun toy to play with!
      This is an example:
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you for this information. I will buy a kit or maybe all 3. So helpful - thanks again my friend.
    5. Newtimes Newtimes, 9 years ago
      You're welcome.
      I find it interesting to see how much times I was wrong or right about something.
      The acid test proved me wrong a few times especially with some low carat gold and with silver.
      But I'm sure if you collect jewelry as long as you do, you get it right most of the time without having to test.
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you Bellin68 and Vetraio50.
    7. sarahoff sarahoff, 8 years ago
      How did I miss this one valentino? Beautiful textures and I love the random green stones:)
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 8 years ago
      Thank you mani and vintagejewel for your love. Sara - isn't this gorgeous? I'm watching one on ebay right now (set in sterling, not steel like mine) and it says 60's or 70's which sounds right. I wear this one a lot because brown and green are my favorite colors. Thanks for your nice comments!
    9. freiheit freiheit, 3 months ago
      I would would wear this for sure! Lovely piece.
    10. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Mary, you can get a silver tester on eBay for little to nothing.
      I used it to test all of Mom’s bracelets, found several that were NOT silver.
      She used to use the magnet trick, not so tricky after all…Ha!
    11. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Opps, meant to say that even though this isn’t silver, who cares!?
      It’s beautiful and finely made!
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
      Gudrun - thank you for your comment about this non-sterling cuff.
    13. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
      Eileen - thanks for your comments. I bought a silver tester since I posted this 8 years ago and this isn't sterling which I knew. Doesn't really matter because it is so wonderful. I watch these online and one similar was $170 which is a crazy price to me for a non-sterling bracelet. Everything online is so expensive right now.
    14. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 3 months ago
      Just now seeing this I LOVE it too!! This might sound crazy, but one could probably make something similar looking using a bunch of common electronics-type *resistors* all fastened to some kind of band somehow...wouldn't that be mildly insanely *fun*?? ;-) :-) :-)
    15. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
      AnkythingObscure - I would like to see a resistor bracelet. I think that would be very cool. I think you liked my bracelet made from the banjo thumb picks which I wear because it's pretty neat.
      Thanks for loving this.
    16. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 3 months ago
      Somehow I missed those wonderfully colorful thumb picks too, but we can fix that much... ;-) :-) I'd love to see the bracelet you created with them, too!
      :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)