Silver, bronze, butterfly, pebble, military & other pins on jean jacket

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches2067 of 2520Awesome Brooch1930's art deco czech brooch

PeopleWatcherPeopleWatcher loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
auraaura loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
kerry10456kerry10456 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 likes this.
Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
NewtimesNewtimes loves this.

valentino97

Some neat old pins that I like to wear on this jean jacket - but not all at the same time usually: Pic #1 shows starburst pin lower left - very mid-century atomic feel - but I think it is a sand-cast Navajo pin 1.25" not marked. Very nice and well made. Also note #1 - lower center plated bird 1x2" - tiny! mark Czechoslovakia. On the right side - fun "batman" 1960's? rhodium 2"x1.5" basemetal pin.

Pic #2: My only example of Scottish pebble jewelry! 1" brown round stone pin holding the wonderful bronze & silverplate stylized deco bird 3"x1.5" (clasp broken, sewn onto jkt)

Pic #3: Palm trees and gentle mtn on this butterfly-wing pin? - only brown and white with dirty bronze frame. 1.25"x1" oval domed pin sometimes I attach to brown pearl necklace and always gets comments.
    The bird above 1950's Forstner sterling.

Pic #4: Of all collected this was the cheapest - the $1.00 silver art deco stylized flower pin 1.5"x1". Marked VP305 or 30S. Filthy and black when I found it. Also note the white enamel on silver .75" rhomboid? pin - I believe this is a military has a shield stamp on back but I can't make it out. Yes those are vintage handmade Navajo beads on the old manikin.

Some of these are great and some aren't - any more information is appreciated. I remember an exhibit in Santa Monica....around 2003 with a large collection of the deco pins like mine in #2. And that's why I bought mine altho it was damaged.

Any comments are most appreciated!

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Costume Brooches
    Lot 24 pc Mixed Vintage Style Golden Rhinestone Crystal Brooch Pin DIY Bouquet
    Lot 24 pc Mixed Vintage Style Golde...
    $13
    Lot 24 pc Mixed Alloy Sliver Rhinestone Crystal Brooch DIY Wedding Bouquet
    Lot 24 pc Mixed Alloy Sliver Rhines...
    $13
    Lot 30pc Mixed Sliver Rhinestone Crystal Brooches Pin DIY Wedding Bridal Bouquet
    Lot 30pc Mixed Sliver Rhinestone Cr...
    $24
    Lot 16 pc Mixed Vintage Style Golden Rhinestone Crystal Brooch Pin DIY Bouquet
    Lot 16 pc Mixed Vintage Style Golde...
    $13
    logo
    Lot 24 pc Mixed Vintage Style Golden Rhinestone Crystal Brooch Pin DIY Bouquet
    Lot 24 pc Mixed Vintage Style Golde...
    $13

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you! The jacket isn't very old but fitted and displays these pins well.
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you Newtimes please tell me if you recognize anything and know more history. Love to you and your family.
    3. Newtimes Newtimes, 9 years ago
      Ok, you can put in my shoppingcart: the touckan brooch, the art deco flower brooch, the modernist 'batman' brooch and the brown art deco bird brooch please!
      I really had a hard time understanding your explanation about the brown bird brooch beeing pebble jewelry but then I understood: the brown "knot" is the pebble brooch! And its holding the bird brooch on place!
    4. Newtimes Newtimes, 9 years ago
      The 'batman' is definatly modernist. The touckan has an art deco feeling for me...The art deco flower brooch looks French to me. It definatly looks European, maybe German or even Belgian.
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Sorry - Agram posted all the wonderful Scottish "pebble" jewels - so I wanted to share but the only example I have is the round brown brooch. You are so sweet to love my toucan, the flower brooch is pretty special isn't it? and the batman brooch. These are my favorites too.
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      I think you're right about the art deco flower brooch marked vp305 or 30S. Looks European. Has an old simple clasp. Thanks for loving the mid-century batman - I don't wear these together. The toucan might have had a jewel eye at one time. He's a little worn but I would be too if I was 70 years old!
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you Tony, Moonstonelover, blunderbuss and manikin for loving.
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you walksoftly!
    9. kerry10456 kerry10456, 9 years ago
      I've got a blue jean jacket with the sleeves cut off and several pins and patches attached, will post later, but will leave the back out of the post :-)
      Thanks for sharing this, wife loves the hummingbird
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you Phil, Kerry and tthom for your love.
    11. valentino97 valentino97, 9 years ago
      Thank you Kerry for your comments. I love denim jackets and enjoy wearing different pins on them. My oldest jacket is from 1940's but it is so beat up I only use it for display anymore. Thanks also to your wife for enjoying my bird pin. We love birds - that's obvious. Look forward to seeing your jacket with the pins and patches - something not pc on the back?
    12. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      My Mother loved denim. She had several jackets, and a floor length coat adorned with silver brooches!
      Great minds think alike it seems!
    13. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      I bet your mom looked great in her denim and silver glory and enjoyed wearing and sharing it. Thank you Eileen :-)
    14. Watchsearcher Watchsearcher, 2 years ago
      I’m delighted to see your mannequin sporting some of your favorite things....so beautiful and such great memories!
      All the brooches on the denim jacket and that fringed suede jacket are fabulous!
      I have my old dressmakers mannequin in the corner of my bedroom where I like to dress it in beautiful evening gowns and the matching jewelry from decades ago (I cannot bear the thought of parting with them).
      “She” has startled more than one person as she stands there all dressed up but headless! %^O
    15. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Watchsearcher - YES, dress the mannequin in beautiful gown and jewels!! Such a lovely idea! I love dressing mine too in my jackets and simple sweaters to pin my treasures on. Thanks for your nice comments!!