Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Carnival Glass Vase?

In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Recent activity81423 of 182011Crystal Pitcher - Help IdentifyVintage Mahongany Display Cabinet Secretary Desk, ca 1900
Love it
Like it

DeanoDeano loves this.
auraaura loves this.
GlueChipGlueChip loves this.
malta760malta760 likes this.
vintagemadvintagemad loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 7 years ago


(1 item)

I found this at the family farmhouse in Southcoast Mass. It was in the back of a closet with unused wedding gifts belonging to my aunt and uncle who were married in the mid 1950's. I'm assuming it is some sort of carnival glass due to the irridencence. I cannot find any maker's mark on it. It stands 13 inches tall, the base is 4 inches across. The stem is only 1/2 wide and looks to be hardpressed to put 1 stem of a flower in there, especially since the stem is not straight but bent. The fluted top is 7 inches across at the widest point.
I thought perhaps it could have been made by Pairpoint, since they are closeby but they never produced any kind of carnival glass that I can find.

Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. YardSaleDave, 7 years ago
    Not carnival glass.
    This shape of vase is called "Jack in the Pulpit" and the glass could have been produced by any number of Art Glass manufactures of the time. Tiffany's Favrile would have been the most expensive, valuable, Quezal could be another maker with their Opalescent glass. Other makers gave this type of glass manes like Opal and Lustre glass.
    It's not unusual to find pieces unmarked, as some had a paper label on the bottom that came off easily. A knowledgeable dealer should be able to ID your vase, it's just not something I could do from photos.
  2. fenton-hobnail, 7 years ago
    would you consider selling this thanks

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.