Share your favorites on Show & Tell

I can SHOW you but I can't TELL you, what it is.

In Office > Printing Equipment > Show & Tell and Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Office Antiques939 of 1622 Vintage Westinghouse fanUnique Vintage Secretary Desk
Love it
Like it

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 4 years ago


(1 item)

Found in an old print shop with a lot of letterpress stuff.
11 3/4" long by 3" wide in middle. Spikes are 3" and move two different ways. Black, hard metal with a hole at top and bottom for hanging?
No markings on it anywhere.

Does any one know what it is or what it was used for??


Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 4 years ago
    Looks like a bail hook. If it was in a print shop it was probably used to pick up bulk bundles of paper to load the press.
  2. joe72roberto, 4 years ago
    Thank you, any one agree, or are there other ideas?
  3. joe72roberto, 4 years ago
    I found another one just like it but it is broken. In the center some of the logo is readable and it looks like W.L. Billow. Can not find anything on him or a Co. name. Any more thoughts?

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.