Montague Fishing Rod

In Fishing > Fishing Rods > Show & Tell.
Fishing Rods73 of 80Looking for a " vintage " fishing/Tackle collectorOld Bamboo Fly Rod and Sportsman Across Canada Book (1950's)

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
kneedeepinastreamkneedeepinastream likes this.
StihlCollectorStihlCollector likes this.

jcollier83

Does anyone know anything about these old vintage fishing poles? It looks as it maybe from the 50's or 60's

Comments

1. finchave finchave, 3 years ago
    Hello jcollier83........ I have three rods which look very familiar to your photos. Mine has a True Temper sticker on the rod, placed directly on the other side of Montague 65-10 5'10". I notice the 65 on yours in written out. I haven't been able to find a value on these rods but would guess not a whole lot being from True Temper. Mine were bought at a True Value store years ago. Sometime ago someone told me the wood on the handle is oak. Also, the tip on yours is a different style than mine.
  2. lui, 3 years ago
    i have one the same as yours but has no marks any were if you could help lt me need info
  3. Jackson, 3 years ago
    I have the same rod, mine is a 6' Montague Sixty Five made by True Temper. I bought at a garage sale. I have no idea of the value but will keep looking.
  4. Cartman, 2 years ago
    I have Montague casting rod I got for my 12th birthday in 1960. Recently, I got new guides put on it and started using again for bass, panfish and walleyes. I had forgotten how nicely it fishes. Mine was bought at a local hardware store. I think these were the main outlets for the rods. My dad also had a True Temper rod, but his model aw Great Lakes. Also, I have a number of Herter's rods and reels. Any other Herter's collectors out there?
  5. pompanopaul, 1 year ago
    One way I have used to price items is to put them on ebay with a high reserve price.
    It will cost a couple of dollars but there is usually someone out there who will tell you that you are crazy and then tell you what they think your item is worth.