~~La Parrot Hi-Life hair Dressing~~

In Bottles > Show & Tell.
Bottles2343 of 3264Help with a silver/glass flask I picked up at a garage saleHow much is it worth?

lisalisa loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.

youngblood

Got this this morning when I bought the Toms Display case....I ask him to throw this in at my offer & he did. He said it came out of a long closed up Black Barber shop. Its brand new slam full of what smells like a sweet Vasoline but looks the color of Motor-Oil. Its Hair Dressing...I guess??. I've saw dapper dan...Pomade tins and even greeson that the "greasers" from the 50's used but anyway......it's Made by "American Company" Memphis Tenn. does anybody no a date ??? ever seen this stuff ??? Was it only used by black people??Just a curiosity to me !!

Comments

1. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    Thanks officialfuel !
  2. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 3 years ago
    I remember seeing an ad or something, anyway there were so many of these type of products even into the early 1960 era, you would have thought even the girls thought that any second now a big cow lick was going to happen to them, dont know if I ever will see that ad again, that caused me to write, but I will look for it and if I do find it, it just may ease your curiosity !!
  3. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    Thanks PhilDavidAlexanderMorris for the comment !!!
  4. youngblood youngblood, 3 years ago
    Thanks Lisa for the Love!
  5. Goldengreek, 3 days ago
    Got my first can w my friends when the Elvis craze began 1955.
    My parents freaked, my dad thought it was axel grease and my mother thought I'd joined a gang.
    Needless to after one application the can disappeared. Probably a good thing since my head kept slipping off the pillow but OMG what I'd give just to smell it one more time ????