Beautiful lady and lamb

In Art Pottery > European Art Pottery > Show & Tell and Figurines > Meissen Figurines > Show & Tell.
European Art Pottery739 of 835??Austrian Vase??Poppy Vase by Zsolnay

gypsyprincessgypsyprincess loves this.

kylady

I was told this was a Meissen by an antique appraiser at a free appraisal fair, but I think she was wrong... I have done research on the
Meissen mark, and I don't see one that looks like this.... Does anyone
have information on this mark.

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    I believe this is a Meissen . Their mark was a blue cross sword like this , They did several different versions of mark . I agree with whoever told you it was it appears you have a Meissen and it is beautiful ! Great piece
  2. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    I guess I can't locate that exact mark either , So next thing is was it by a company imitating Meissen and or is it newer ? I saw much like it on ebay and they attribute it to Miessen ? Hope a porcelain person can confirm for you .
  3. vicious-vixen, 2 years ago
    HI, your lady was wrong, it is by Sitzendorf(voight Brothers) Germany circa 1887-1990, Meissen has crossed swords in blue underglaze.. hope this helps.
  4. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Thanks Vicious from me after I re looked I doubted it also . So glad you came along to to clarify the mark ! I will remember that one now :-) Great solve !
  5. kylady, 2 years ago
    Thank you, merci beaucoup, danke schoen to vicious-vixen...I have been looking
    for this info for a very long time. Not only did the lady at the free appraisal fair get this wrong calling it a Meissen , but there was a paid written appraisal, and he simply referred to it as lady and lamb compote, and another well established antique dealer was wrong also. You have been most helpful, and Thank You for your knowledge... This is a wonderful site .
  6. Woman34 Woman34, 2 years ago
    Yes I would agree this is Sitzendorf also. I had a clock that was also by Sitzendorf, and the style of your piece is very much like that of my clock. I had it appraised when Antiques Roadshow came to my area. I miss my clock:( Seeing your piece makes me very much regret selling my clock.
  7. charliene, 21 days ago
    Awsome centerpiece.Been awhile since u posted but I can sympathize.I had a piece for yrs w/this mark couldn't find it in my 12 books on Marks or online sites,till I bought a book on Dresden about 6yrs ago.I'm not suprised appraiser got it wrong,I've taken things to them & they are most often wrong.Sitzendorf(Voight family 1840 to present) made porcelain in the Dresden style & reproduced Meissen models using more subduded colors than Meissen.When looking for this mark or others like it,it falls under the lines category,not swords as there is no handle on them.