Starr X Stationary bottle opener

In Kitchen > Bottle Openers > Show & Tell.
Bottle Openers137 of 143assortment of, gambling chips cocktail stirs, bottle opener and tooth pick despencerI got this from my grandparents..

mammimammi loves this.
livetoridelivetoride loves this.
philvldphilvld likes this.

VikingFan82

Starr X Stationary bottle opener. Brown Co. Newport News, VA. Patent #2333088 or #2333058, "204 MADE IN U.S.A" stamped on the back, which would put it at around 1943. It was screwed to the doorway to the kitchen in my grandparents' cabin until they sold the land a few years ago. The cabin was built in 1935 and there was varnish around the edges of the opener and I had to break the seal to get it off the wall. It will eventually be in my doorway to my kitchen or bar.

Comments

1. kelvin, 4 years ago
    i have one of these i took off an old beer cooler i scrapped earlier this year
  2. livetoride livetoride, 4 years ago
    I had several of these at one time, probably still do somewhere, if you get time look at my Cast Iron Hot Water Heater I put out there today.
  3. VikingFan82 VikingFan82, 4 years ago
    Added better pics.
  4. Rodney, 4 years ago
    I have an identical bottle opener attached to the wall in my kitchen. Perhaps my was reproduction, but I'm pretty sure it bought it new at a local store, but I could be wrong.
  5. brian, 3 years ago
    I found the exact same opener under the lip of the workbench in the garage.
    I came across this sight while researching the info on the opener.
    Thanks for posting. Oh,coincidently the number on the back of my opener is #203 : )
  6. John, 3 years ago
    I have an unused, new, number "202", patent 2333088 in its original box. Looks like around 1940. It still has one of the screws that came with it. I also have one in my office that is a "drink Coca cola" model that I use all the time. That was in my father's bar when I was a kid.
  7. tim, 3 years ago
    i have one of these i had found! in the orignal box! is it worth anything? on the back ihave # 203?