Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- How a Makeup Mogul Liberated Women by Putting Them in a Pretty New Cage
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- From Retail Palace to Zombie Mall: How Efficiency Killed the Department Store
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Fashion to Die For: Did an Addiction to Fads Lead Marie Antoinette to the Guillotine?
- Girlie Glasses: A Peep Show With Your Beer
- Cooking With Glass: How Pyrex Transformed Every Kitchen Into a Home-Ec Lab
- Cassette Revolution: Why 1980s Tape Tech Is Still Making Noise in Our Digital World
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Would You Put a $300,000 Glass Sculpture on the Hood of Your Car?