Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
- Hidden Gems: Lost Hollywood Jewelry Trove Uncovered in Burbank Warehouse
- Beer Money and Babe Ruth: Why the Yankees Triumphed During Prohibition
- Pin-Up Queens: Three Female Artists Who Shaped the American Dream Girl
- The Ericofon: When the Telephone Was Mid-Century Mod
- Neon Lost and Found: Where New York City Still Burns Bright
Top Articles on CW
- What America Can Learn From Berlin's Struggle to Face Its Violent Past
- Va-Va-Voom Vintage: Dita Von Teese on Burlesque, Cars, and Lingerie
- Why Americans Love Guns
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Dear Tom Hanks: Have We Got a Typewriter for You!
- Naughty Nuns, Flatulent Monks, and Other Surprises of Sacred Medieval Manuscripts
- Why Nerdy White Guys Who Love the Blues Are Obsessed With a Wisconsin Chair Factory
- Tiki Hangover: Unearthing the False Idols of America's South Seas Fantasy
- Real Hollywood Thriller: Who Stole Jaws?
- Caftan Liberation: How an Ancient Fashion Set Modern Women Free