Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- Why Aren't Stories Like '12 Years a Slave' Told at Southern Plantation Museums?
- Mysterious Railway Posters Depict the Dreamy Allure of Deco-Era Japan
- Crush the Best-Dressed List: Our Style Guide to a Century of Dazzling Party Dresses
- Did Hollywood Give the 1920s a Boob Job? 'Gatsby' Costume Designer Tells All
- Dr. Seuss, the Mad Hatter: A Peek Inside His Secret Closet
- Awkward! 28 Cringe-Worthy Vintage Product Endorsements
- L.A.'s Wildest Cafeteria Served Utopian Fantasy With a Side of Enchiladas
- Leading the Charge Against Casual Style, Armed With Antique Clothes and a Bike
- Easy-Bake Evolution: 50 Years of Cakes, Cookies, and Gender Politics
- The Real Mermaids of San Marcos, Texas