Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- When Medieval Monks Couldn't Cure the Plague, They Launched a Luxe Skincare Line
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Hollywood's Leading Motorhead: For Steve McQueen, Racing Motorcycles Was No Act
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Self-Righteous Devils: What Ozark Vigilantes of the 1880s Reveal About Modern America
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- All the President's Yachts: The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of FDR's Floating White House
- WWII War Paint: How Bomber-Jacket Art Emboldened Our Boys
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Victorian Era Drones: How Model Trains Transformed From Cutting-Edge to Quaint