Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
- California Cool: How the Wetsuit Became the Surfer's Second Skin
- Google Glassholes: High-Tech Visionaries or Fashion Victims?
- Psychedelic Poster Pioneer Wes Wilson on The Beatles, Doors, and Bill Graham
- Shoe Collector Jonathan Walford on Why Footwear Is So Seductive
- Priceless Tiffany Collection Flees One Earthquake Zone, Lands in Another
Top Articles on CW
- Ghosts in the Machines: The Devices and Daring Mediums That Spoke for the Dead
- Circling the Globe With the Mid-20th Century's Most Brilliant Matchbox Art
- 20 Halloween Costumes So Unsexy, They're Downright Scary
- Factory-Fresh 1955 Chevy Nomad Emerges From 40-Year Hibernation
- Cache of Historic Newspapers Unveils the Mysteries of Old New Orleans
- Will John Lennon’s "Paperback Writer" Guitar Be a Million-Dollar Seller?
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Uncovering Clues in Frida Kahlo's Private Wardrobe
- The Struggle in Black and White: Activist Photographers Who Fought for Civil Rights
- Yarn Bombs: In the '70s, Knitting Was Totally Far Out