Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
- A House for 1,000 Vintage Hats, and the People Who Love to Wear Them
- An Un-Conventional Thirst: Collecting 7Up's Most Beautiful, Hallucinatory Billboards
- The Charms of Christmas Ephemera and the Changing Face of Santa Claus
- Beatles 45s To Make You Twist and Shout
- Could an Old-School Tube Amp Make the Music You Love Sound Better?
Top Articles on CW
- All the President's Yachts: The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of FDR's Floating White House
- What's the Reno Cure for Valentines Gone Wrong? D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
- From Hospital Gowns to Paper Couture: The Unlikely Origins of '60s Disposable Dresses
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Victorian Era Drones: How Model Trains Transformed From Cutting-Edge to Quaint
- Subversive Sounds: The Straight Men Who Made America's First Gay Record
- How America Bought and Sold Racism, and Why It Still Matters
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- That Old-Time Hucksterism: The Oddest Doohickeys of Industrial-Age Entrepreneurs
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?