Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
- Black Glamour Power: The Stars Who Blazed a Trail for Beyoncé and Lupita Nyong'o
- Boston vs New York: Appraiser Leila Dunbar Talks Sports Memorabilia and Rivalries
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Dawn of the Flick: The Doctors, Physicists, and Mathematicians Who Made the Movies
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
Top Articles on CW
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- A Guide to Christmas Antiques and Vintage Christmas Decorations
- How America Bought and Sold Racism, and Why It Still Matters
- Coin-Op Cuisine: When the Future Tasted Like a Five-Cent Slice of Pie
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- When Book Lovers Guarded Their Prized Possessions With Tiny Artworks
- Did the CIA's Experiments With Psychedelic Drugs Unwittingly Create the Grateful Dead?
- You've Got Mail Bombs: Tracking Down the Most Dangerous Letters in the World