Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- Paper Dresses and Psychedelic Catsuits: When Airline Fashion Was Flying High
- The Sissies, Hustlers, and Hair Fairies Whose Defiant Lives Paved the Way For Stonewall
- The Death of Flair: As Friday's Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?
- Tiki Hangover: Unearthing the False Idols of America's South Seas Fantasy
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Rocket Slides and Monkey Bars: Chasing the Vanishing Playgrounds of Our Youth
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Girlie Glasses: A Peep Show With Your Beer
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male