Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- The Death of Flair: As Friday's Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?
- The Mystery of the Phantom Page Turner
- How America's Obsession With Hula Girls Almost Wrecked Hawai'i
- The Art of War: Exquisite Chess Sets Once Captured the Game's Global Heritage
- The Gay Old Days: If You Really Want To See San Francisco's Future, Go Back to 1957
- Self-Righteous Devils: What Ozark Vigilantes of the 1880s Reveal About Modern America
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- When Medieval Monks Couldn't Cure the Plague, They Launched a Luxe Skincare Line
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Happy Easter! Here Come the Witches