Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
- Did the CIA's Experiments With Psychedelic Drugs Unwittingly Create the Grateful Dead?
- How Miriam Haskell Costume Jewelry Bucked Trends and Won Over Hollywood
- God Save the Eight-Track
- Lightman Fantastic: This Artist Drenched '60s Music Lovers in a Psychedelic Dream
- Mummies and Monkey Skulls: 'Oddities' Host Ryan Matthew Cohn on Creepy Antiques
Top Articles on CW
- Out of the Shadow of Aunt Jemima: The Real Black Chefs Who Taught Americans to Cook
- A Guide to Christmas Antiques and Vintage Christmas Decorations
- Making, and Eating, the 1950s' Most Nauseating Jell-O Soaked Recipes
- Space Oddity: David Bowie's Secret Obsession With '80s Memphis Design
- Behind the Scenes With Janis Joplin and Big Brother, Rehearsing for the Summer of Love
- When the World Truly Stank, Tussie-Mussies Were a Breath of Fresh Air
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?
- Don’t Give Them Plastic: 40 Vintage Gift Ideas For People Who Are Sick of Crap
- Why the 'Native' Fashion Trend Is Pissing Off Real Native Americans