Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- At Home With Horror: Metallica's Kirk Hammett Embraces His Inner Monster
- Sea-Monkeys and X-Ray Spex: Collecting the Bizarre Stuff Sold in the Back of Comic Books
- Rise of the Synthesizer: How an Electronics Whiz Kid Gave the 1980s Its Signature Sound
- Don't Panic: Why Technophobes Have Been Getting It Wrong Since Gutenberg
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Why the 'Native' Fashion Trend Is Pissing Off Real Native Americans
- The VW Bug's Rare and Quirky Czech Mate
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?
- Sixties Nostalgia Burnout: I'm So Sick of Talkin' 'Bout My G-G-Generation
- Retro Tops That Let You Float Like a Butterfly and Shine Like a Disco Ball