Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- Slut-Shaming, Eugenics, and Donald Duck: The Scandalous History of Sex-Ed Movies
- A Guide to Christmas Antiques and Vintage Christmas Decorations
- Royalty, Espionage, and Erotica: Secrets of the World's Tiniest Photographs
- Double the Fun: The Husband-Wife Team Who Made Everyone Want to Chew Gum
- The 12 All-Time Ugliest Christmas Sweaters
- Fun With Guns: The Art of the Arcade Target
- Naughty Nuns, Flatulent Monks, and Other Surprises of Sacred Medieval Manuscripts
- The Killer Mobile Device for Victorian Women
- The Mao Mango Cult of 1968 and the Rise of China's Working Class
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?