Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- Happy Valentine's Day, I Hate You
- How a Refugee Escaped the Nazis to Become the Father of Video Games
- Out of the Shadow of Aunt Jemima: The Real Black Chefs Who Taught Americans to Cook
- Ordinary Beauty: How 'Folk Art' Challenged the Art World to Get Real
- How Linen Postcards Transformed the Depression Era Into a Hyperreal Dreamland
- Selling Shame: 40 Outrageous Vintage Ads Any Woman Would Find Offensive
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Is Our Retro Obsession Ruining Everything?