Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- L.A.'s Wildest Cafeteria Served Utopian Fantasy With a Side of Enchiladas
- It Came From the '70s: The Story of Your Grandma's Weird Couch
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans
- Like a Fine Tobacco, the Pipe Smoking Revival Has Been a Slow Burn
- Stirred Not Shaken: How Do You End Up With 50,000 Swizzle Sticks?
- Letters of the Damned: Exorcising the Curse of the Petrified Forest
- That Time the French Aristocracy Was Obsessed With Sexy Face Stickers
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards