Call it beginner’s luck, but a four-year-old kid found a 16th-century gold pendant the other day. It was his first time using a metal detector. The religious locket is decorated with images of the Virgin Mary and the five wounds of Christ. If it is sold, the boy will split the proceeds (its value is estimated at 2.5-million pounds) with the landowner. Not bad for a day’s work!
Top Articles on CW
- The Silver Trail: How An Italian Immigrant Made His Mark on Southwestern Jewelry
- True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans
- From Folk to Acid Rock, How Marty Balin Launched the San Francisco Music Scene
- Epic Ink: How Japanese Warrior Prints Popularized the Full-Body Tattoo
- Murder Machines: Why Cars Will Kill 30,000 Americans This Year
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Abandoned Suitcases Reveal Private Lives of Insane Asylum Patients
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male