Nus by Adzak

In Art Glass > Daum Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Daum Art Glass63 of 63ART NOUVEAU DAUM ? CLOUD GLASS VASEDaum, service ducal, sugar bowl 1891

antiquesandcollectibles38antiquesandcollectibles38 loves this.
StonieStonie loves this.
ElleniElleni loves this.

CrystalJaw
(1 item)

A solid pate-de-verre slab sculpture from Daum creates a warm illusion of relief of the soft rubenesque forms. A sensual masterpiece, tastefully done. It took me years, searching collectors/retailers around the world before I found someone willing to part with his. There were only 20 of these early beauties made - and in 40 years, I've never seen or heard of another. Have you?

Comments

1. Elleni, 4 years ago
    Love it!! No, I never have...what years was it made?
  2. CrystalJaw, 4 years ago
    The French Embassy identified it as being 1972 during their exhibition. The one above is #8 of 25 according to Daum's Certificate of Authenticity (not one of 20 as I erroneously indicated above) It is extremely heavy and solid which belies it's graceful beauty when displayed properly. Originally, I had a light box constructed for this piece with diffused back lighting, but it didn't survive the last exhibition.
  3. Elleni, 4 years ago
    Stunning! Do you have photos of any of your other pieces up on any site?
  4. CrystalJaw, 4 years ago
    I have been slowly selling pieces on ebay, but have generally been disappointed with the traffic and prices. I'm not a dealer so I'm reluctant to part with the pieces I have left for the paltry sums being offered. I'm beginning to consider donation because I've always believed even serious collectors should periodically offer up their collections to the viewing public somehow. Museums, collective exhibits, clubs, historical societies - any manner of public display. There is so much beauty and creativity in private collections that could be shared for all to see and admire - maybe even inspire.
  5. Elleni, 4 years ago