Posted 5 years ago
This cap is a Kriegsmarine officer's cap, which was worn by the ranks of Kapitan zur See up to Korvettenkapitan. The white top was used for dress occasions and summer time. While at sea, only the commander wore the white top. The insignia is gold bullion while the eagle is metal with a gold wash. The badge pinned to the side of the cap represents the 1st U Flotille, which was based at Kiel, Germany, before being transferred to Brest, France in June of 1941. This Flotille disbanded in 1944.