Newest Restoration Project

In Telephones > Wood Telephones > Show & Tell.
Wood Telephones51 of 88Williams Electric Co. Telephone ReceiverHelp with old phone ID

ttomtuckerttomtucker loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel likes this.

mtn_man

Just bought this on eBay as my next restoration project. Don't know much about it except it's suppose to be made of walnut. It is missing the receiver and it appears that the hanger is made to hold a skinnier type of receiver as the WE one I have doesn't fit. Any information is welcome. What's the model and year? Do the parts look to be correct for the phone?

Thanks in advance.
Randy Farris
AKA: mtn_man

Comments

1. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    Randy, The Williams looks complete to me, The receiver would be what is called a milk bottom I will have to post a photo so you can see what your looking for.
    The William-Abbott Electric Co was founded in 1895 by Joseph A Williams in Cleveland, OH. In 1897, Williams sold his interest in the company and formed the Williams Electric Company , which in turn became the Williams Telephone & Supply Company in 1903. Your phone was manufactured around 1899.
  2. randy Farris, 3 years ago
    Tom,
    Thanks so much for the information. I guess I'll be on the lookout for a milk bottom receiver.
  3. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    Randy, I just posted a Williams Electric Co. receiver for your viewing. I think I should have said "milk bottle" receiver. that's the nickname given to this style receiver.
  4. AntiquePhoneGal, 3 years ago
    Randy, I will keep my eyes open for you. I've found a couple very rare phones out here in the farmland of Minnesota. I do own a milk bottle receiver, but I'm a collector, too, and not ready to part with this treasure. But if I come across another one, I'll let you know.
  5. ttomtucker ttomtucker, 3 years ago
    Randy there a Williams Electric milk bottle receiver on ebay today.
  6. mtn_man mtn_man, 3 years ago
    Thanks Tom, I'll see about bidding on that milk bottle receiver, even though it is broken pretty badly.