1966 Maggie Head Doll Named Sadri

In Dolls > Bisque Dolls > Show & Tell.
Bisque Dolls31 of 96ANTIQUE BISQUE BOY DOLLBaby doll Need info on her

cozofloors…

Just found this lil cutie when cleaning out my Grandmothers House, she is a Maggie Head from 1966 that's all I know if anyone knows about Maggie's Head dolls fell free to email me at cozofloors@epix.net

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Your doll is either a reproduction of Magge Head Kane doll or a original .
    Magge Head Kane is a noted doll artist who specializes in portrait artist dolls and dolls that depict figures from history. Magge Head was also a co-founder of NIADA in 1963 (National Institute of American Doll Artists). Molds of her dolls were available for anyone who wanted to reproduce an original. Some of her dolls were produced by companies like the Danbury Mint.
    I suspect yours was not done by her but some company that used her molds . I have several of her Pixie Dolls which I love . Date from around 1960's
    Very cute .
  2. cozofloorsdolls, 2 years ago
    Thanks but what confuses me is the fact that it has original on her markings
    it
    1966
    c in a circle
    original by maggie head
    sadri
  3. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    The molds had her name and dates she made them permantly in them . So whoever used mold would get that . Her dolls most were marked by just her first 2 names Magge Head but Kane was her last name and head nee name . I never saw her do glass eyes but she may have been maker although it does not change her value . Oh and the C in circle means copywrited ,which means her dolls were sold and also made by other companies and people in doll classes , since no other name appears on head then Magge may well have made her herself although often the person who used her molds did not sign back of head . There are people that collect her dolls . I also have a Book she did that she signed for me about Pixie dolls and their story as dolls and finding one under the Christmas tree for a little girl . Cute book
  4. cozofloorsdolls, 2 years ago
    So do you think she is the real deal or not?
  5. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
    Yes she is real deal :-)