Please help! I collect vintage hood ornaments, but have no clue what this belongs to.

In Classic Cars > Hood Ornaments > Show & Tell.
Hood Ornaments57 of 145ford lincoln 1955 hood ornamentOlder hood ornament still attached to part of the hood

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
musikchoomusikchoo loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

vintageauto
(1 item)

Hello all, I am new to this site. I collect vintage hood ornaments, emblems, and badges. I came across this one, but I cannot find anything about it. It has a port on the bottom of it to allow light to pass through and light up the face. The mounting studs are 3 inches apart. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Comments

1. Poop Poop, 1 year ago
    I think its Mercury but idk, maybe Buick? Hopefully someone else can chime in
  2. vintageauto vintageauto, 1 year ago
    I hope so
  3. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    Very nice old hood ornament . Phil will be on today I believe he can help you our resident expert and a few others that know these area's
    Welcome to CW
  4. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    I think the male figure on it is interesting ,reminds me of a Limo driver or cab driver or military guy . Hope someone knows what it came off of :-)
  5. vintageauto vintageauto, 1 year ago
  6. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Something I would have possibly used as a hockey puck when I was young !! Would not be seen in my collection, but can tell you this :

From a car, Mercury Turnpike Cruiser. From the 1950s.
    This ornament went inside the car against the back window.
  7. vintageauto vintageauto, 1 year ago
    Thank you very much.
  8. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    You are welcome. There are some great books on hood ornaments, if you ever want one I can line up an author for you that has them to sell. Phil.
  9. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    I knew Phil would know what it was . His collection of car mascots is awesome and incredible . Check them out Vintageauto . Books are the key I have a big collection of books for what I collect as well as Phil has great reference books for his Rare Car Mascots :-)
  10. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
    It is pictured here if you scroll down on the 57 version
  11. vintageauto vintageauto, 1 year ago
  12. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 1 year ago
    Thanks for the thumbs up Mani, just packing getting ready !~
  13. CarPartMan, 1 year ago
    Vintage Auto,
    P.D.A.M. is correct. This emblem is from a 1957 Turnpike Cruiser. From the photos I have seen, it goes on the outside of the rear window but NOT on the trunk lid. Here is what I saw:
    IF you go to Google Images and type in 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser, you can see other images. You can decide if it goes inside or outside. I'm not sure..
    Skip