Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Giant Strikes

In Sporting Goods > Show & Tell.
Let's play outside2 of 11Vintage Playground EquipmentPlayground Slide Step
Love it
Like it

walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 4 years ago


(1 item)

My wife remembers a playground piece of equipment called "giant strikes". A pole with a ring at the top & chains hanging down with rings to hold onto. The contraption would spin & kids would get going then drop & the chain would fly in whatever direction.
I remember them too, but don't recall them as "giant strikes". Does anyone have a photo of them?
Thanks, Paul

Mystery Solved


  1. walksoftly walksoftly, 4 years ago
    Another possible name, "playground maypole swing".
    Copy & paste that into Google images & you will see several.
    Back in the time when kids had fun & no one thought of suing for injuries.
  2. pdl1945, 4 years ago
    Thank you "walksoftly" & "phildavidalexandermorris" for the "maypole swing".

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.