At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Fashion to Die For: Did an Addiction to Fads Lead Marie Antoinette to the Guillotine?
- The Magician Who Astounded the World by Conjuring Spirits and Talking with Mummies
- From Whale Jaws to Corsets: How Sailors' Love Tokens Got Into Women's Underwear
- Girlie Glasses: A Peep Show With Your Beer
- Black Is Beautiful: Why Black Dolls Matter
- Singing the Lesbian Blues in 1920s Harlem
- The Killer Mobile Device for Victorian Women
- The Existential Conundrum That Is the American Waste Paper Basket
- Uncovering Clues in Frida Kahlo's Private Wardrobe
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair