At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Railway Paradise: How a Fine-Dining Empire Made the Southwest Palatable to Outsiders
- A Filthy History: When New Yorkers Lived Knee-Deep in Trash
- Did the CIA's Experiments With Psychedelic Drugs Unwittingly Create the Grateful Dead?
- Rocket Slides and Monkey Bars: Chasing the Vanishing Playgrounds of Our Youth
- Could Your Stuff Be Haunted? Ghostbusting the Creepiest Antiques
- Making, and Eating, the 1950s' Most Nauseating Jell-O Soaked Recipes
- Singapore's Beloved and Creepy Wonderland, Built on the Healing Powers of Tiger Balm
- Visiting Scarfolk, the Most Spectacular Dystopia of the 1970s
- Sacred Anatomy: Slicing Open Wax Women in the Name of Science and God
- Lightman Fantastic: This Artist Drenched '60s Music Lovers in a Psychedelic Dream