At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- From Boy Geniuses to Mad Scientists: How Americans Got So Weird About Science
- Stranger Than Friction: When Matches Were Dangerous, Vestas Kept Us Safe
- Meet the Man Who Made Cowboys Love Rhinestones
- Hippies, Guns, and LSD: The San Francisco Rock Band That Was Too Wild For the Sixties
- Pushing Buttons: In Our Divided America, Political Pinbacks Give Anyone a Voice
- Music of the Presses: How an L.A. Printer Kept the Art of the Album Cover Alive
- Prop Master: How a "Star Wars" Superfan Scoured the Earth for Space Debris
- Headbadge Hunter: Rescuing the Beautiful Branding of Long Lost Bicycles
- Furniture of the Future: Victorian New York's Most Visionary Designer Loved His Machines
- To Hell With Helvetica: Is an 1874 Type Catalog the World's Most Beautiful Book?