At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Why Are America's Most Innovative Companies Still Stuck in 1950s Suburbia?
- Music of the Presses: How an L.A. Printer Kept the Art of the Album Cover Alive
- The Politics of Prejudice: How Passports Rubber-Stamp Our Indifference to Refugees
- When the World Truly Stank, Tussie-Mussies Were a Breath of Fresh Air
- Strummin' on the Old Banjo: How an African Instrument Got a Racist Reinvention
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Why the 'Native' Fashion Trend Is Pissing Off Real Native Americans
- Roadside Curiosities: Things That Make You Go "What the Heck?"
- Unusual Suspects: Finding the Humanity in Vintage Mugshots
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male