At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- All-Night French Fries with T-Rex: Seattle's Trippiest Rock-Poster Artist Tells All
- Retail Therapy: What Mannequins Say About Us
- Railway Paradise: How a Fine-Dining Empire Made the Southwest Palatable to Outsiders
- Why the 'Native' Fashion Trend Is Pissing Off Real Native Americans
- Formula for Beauty: The Geo-Chemistry Behind Rookwood Pottery
- Māori Modernism: The New Zealand Artist Who Put the Islands' Native People First
- Walt Whitman—Patriotic Poet, Gay Iconoclast, or Shrewd Marketing Ploy?
- The Hippie Daredevils Who Were Just Crazy Enough to Invent Mountain Biking
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- If You're Too Young to Remember the Magic of Tower Records, Here's What You Missed