At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Happy Valentine's Day, I Hate You
- From Hospital Gowns to Paper Couture: The Unlikely Origins of '60s Disposable Dresses
- Victorian Era Drones: How Model Trains Transformed From Cutting-Edge to Quaint
- Subversive Sounds: The Straight Men Who Made America's First Gay Record
- How America Bought and Sold Racism, and Why It Still Matters
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Mechanical Movements of the Cold War: How the Soviets Revolutionized Wristwatches
- That Old-Time Hucksterism: The Oddest Doohickeys of Industrial-Age Entrepreneurs
- The Polyamorous Christian Socialist Utopia That Made Silverware for Proper Americans
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?