At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- The Sharecropper's Daughter Who Made Black Women Proud of Their Hair
- Unboxing Modernism: How the Russian Revolution Spurred Mid-Century Design
- Selling Shame: 40 Outrageous Vintage Ads Any Woman Would Find Offensive
- Female Spies and Gender-Bending Soldiers Changed the Course of the Civil War
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Drunk History: The Rise, Fall, and Revival of All-American Whiskey
- Someday, Robots May Save or Destroy Us All—For Now, They're Still Kinda Dumb
- Black Is Beautiful: Why Black Dolls Matter
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Anita Pointer: Civil-Rights Activist, Pop Star, and Serious Collector of Black Memorabilia