At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Was Levon Mosgofian of Tea Lautrec Litho the Most Psychedelic Printer in Rock?
- Cache of Historic Newspapers Unveils the Mysteries of Old New Orleans
- Will John Lennon’s "Paperback Writer" Guitar Be a Million-Dollar Seller?
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- 20 Halloween Costumes So Unsexy, They're Downright Scary
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- The Struggle in Black and White: Activist Photographers Who Fought for Civil Rights
- Naughty Nuns, Flatulent Monks, and Other Surprises of Sacred Medieval Manuscripts
- Yarn Bombs: In the '70s, Knitting Was Totally Far Out
- The Reclusive, Doll-Collecting Copper Queen of Fifth Avenue