At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Subversive Sounds: The Straight Men Who Made America's First Gay Record
- That Old-Time Hucksterism: The Oddest Doohickeys of Industrial-Age Entrepreneurs
- Mechanical Movements of the Cold War: How the Soviets Revolutionized Wristwatches
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Singing the Lesbian Blues in 1920s Harlem
- A Wonderful Life: How Postwar Christmas Embraced Spaceships, Nukes, Cellophane
- Black Panther Women: The Unsung Activists Who Fed and Fought for Their Community
- Driven to Drink: How 1930s Booze Labels Helped Americans Forget Their Troubles
- Behind the Scenes With Janis Joplin and Big Brother, Rehearsing for the Summer of Love
- The Death of Flair: As Friday's Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?