At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Mysterious Railway Posters Depict the Dreamy Allure of Deco-Era Japan
- Why Aren't Stories Like '12 Years a Slave' Told at Southern Plantation Museums?
- Crush the Best-Dressed List: Our Style Guide to a Century of Dazzling Party Dresses
- Did Hollywood Give the 1920s a Boob Job? 'Gatsby' Costume Designer Tells All
- Dr. Seuss, the Mad Hatter: A Peek Inside His Secret Closet
- Awkward! 28 Cringe-Worthy Vintage Product Endorsements
- L.A.'s Wildest Cafeteria Served Utopian Fantasy With a Side of Enchiladas
- Leading the Charge Against Casual Style, Armed With Antique Clothes and a Bike
- Easy-Bake Evolution: 50 Years of Cakes, Cookies, and Gender Politics
- The Real Mermaids of San Marcos, Texas