At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- 'The Great Gatsby' Still Gets Flappers Wrong
- Say Ahhh: An Oral Surgeon's Quest to Reimagine the Garage-Band Guitar
- How Collecting Opium Antiques Turned Me Into an Opium Addict
- Gloriously Grotesque 19th-Century Pipes
- Blood, Sweat, and Steel: My Afternoon with the Ace of Swords
- Jockeying for Position: How Boxers and Briefs Got Into Men's Pants
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Va-Va-Voom Vintage: Dita Von Teese on Burlesque, Cars, and Lingerie
- In the Hot Seat: Is Your Antique Windsor a Fake?
- Forget TV Pickers, Meet the Real Mavericks of the Antiques World