At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- All the President's Yachts: The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of FDR's Floating White House
- What's the Reno Cure for Valentines Gone Wrong? D-I-V-O-R-C-E.
- From Hospital Gowns to Paper Couture: The Unlikely Origins of '60s Disposable Dresses
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Victorian Era Drones: How Model Trains Transformed From Cutting-Edge to Quaint
- Subversive Sounds: The Straight Men Who Made America's First Gay Record
- How America Bought and Sold Racism, and Why It Still Matters
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- That Old-Time Hucksterism: The Oddest Doohickeys of Industrial-Age Entrepreneurs
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?