At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Naughty Nuns, Flatulent Monks, and Other Surprises of Sacred Medieval Manuscripts
- Caftan Liberation: How an Ancient Fashion Set Modern Women Free
- Tiki Hangover: Unearthing the False Idols of America's South Seas Fantasy
- How Collecting Opium Antiques Turned Me Into an Opium Addict
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Crush the Best-Dressed List: Our Style Guide to a Century of Dazzling Party Dresses
- The Mao Mango Cult of 1968 and the Rise of China's Working Class
- Decoding Secret Societies: What Are All Those Old Boys' Clubs Hiding?
- How Railroad Tourism Created the Craze for Traditional Native American Baskets