At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Prop Master: How a "Star Wars" Superfan Scoured the Earth for Space Debris
- Hawaiian Style: The Roots of the Aloha Shirt
- That Time the French Aristocracy Was Obsessed With Sexy Face Stickers
- Furniture of the Future: Victorian New York's Most Visionary Designer Loved His Machines
- To Hell With Helvetica: Is an 1874 Type Catalog the World's Most Beautiful Book?
- Antique Mahjong Sets: An Antidote to Our Antisocial Internet Society
- Hidden Gems: Lost Hollywood Jewelry Trove Uncovered in Burbank Warehouse
- Home in a Can: When Trailers Offered a Compact Version of the American Dream
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Selling Shame: 40 Outrageous Vintage Ads Any Woman Would Find Offensive