At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- The Reclusive, Doll-Collecting Copper Queen of Fifth Avenue
- The Hippie Daredevils Who Were Just Crazy Enough to Invent Mountain Biking
- Making, and Eating, the 1950s' Most Nauseating Jell-O Soaked Recipes
- Women Who Conquered the Comics World
- Caftan Liberation: How an Ancient Fashion Set Modern Women Free
- Paper Dresses and Psychedelic Catsuits: When Airline Fashion Was Flying High
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- Was Levon Mosgofian of Tea Lautrec Litho the Most Psychedelic Printer in Rock?
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Bloodletting, Bone Brushes, and Tooth Keys: White-Knuckle Adventures in Early Dentistry