At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- That Time the French Aristocracy Was Obsessed With Sexy Face Stickers
- When Medieval Monks Couldn't Cure the Plague, They Launched a Luxe Skincare Line
- What Makes Cartoonist Roz Chast Laugh?
- Sacred Anatomy: Slicing Open Wax Women in the Name of Science and God
- The Art of War: Exquisite Chess Sets Once Captured the Game's Global Heritage
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- The Gay Old Days: If You Really Want To See San Francisco's Future, Go Back to 1957
- How America's Obsession With Hula Girls Almost Wrecked Hawai'i
- What Were We Thinking? The Top 10 Most Dangerous Ads
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male