At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- 400 Years of Equator Hazings: Surviving the Stinky Wrath of King Neptune's Court
- Paper Dresses and Psychedelic Catsuits: When Airline Fashion Was Flying High
- The Sissies, Hustlers, and Hair Fairies Whose Defiant Lives Paved the Way For Stonewall
- The Death of Flair: As Friday's Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?
- Tiki Hangover: Unearthing the False Idols of America's South Seas Fantasy
- Rocket Slides and Monkey Bars: Chasing the Vanishing Playgrounds of Our Youth
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- Girlie Glasses: A Peep Show With Your Beer