At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- How a Makeup Mogul Liberated Women by Putting Them in a Pretty New Cage
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- From Retail Palace to Zombie Mall: How Efficiency Killed the Department Store
- Everything You Know About Corsets Is False
- Fashion to Die For: Did an Addiction to Fads Lead Marie Antoinette to the Guillotine?
- Girlie Glasses: A Peep Show With Your Beer
- Cooking With Glass: How Pyrex Transformed Every Kitchen Into a Home-Ec Lab
- Cassette Revolution: Why 1980s Tape Tech Is Still Making Noise in Our Digital World
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Would You Put a $300,000 Glass Sculpture on the Hood of Your Car?