At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Paper Dresses and Psychedelic Catsuits: When Airline Fashion Was Flying High
- When Postcards Made Every Town Seem Glamorous, From Asbury Park to Zanesville
- Va-Va-Voom Vintage: Dita Von Teese on Burlesque, Cars, and Lingerie
- What America Can Learn From Berlin's Struggle to Face Its Violent Past
- Tiki Hangover: Unearthing the False Idols of America's South Seas Fantasy
- Caftan Liberation: How an Ancient Fashion Set Modern Women Free
- There Goes the Neighborhood: Mobile Victorian House Sets Sail for Desert
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Naughty Nuns, Flatulent Monks, and Other Surprises of Sacred Medieval Manuscripts
- Why Nerdy White Guys Who Love the Blues Are Obsessed With a Wisconsin Chair Factory