At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- The Government-Surplus Machines That Power a Cutting-Edge Science Museum
- Learning to Love Death: New Museum Takes a Walk on the Shadow Side
- Google Glassholes: High-Tech Visionaries or Fashion Victims?
- Medicinal Soft Drinks and Coca-Cola Fiends: The Toxic History of Soda Pop
- Beer Money and Babe Ruth: Why the Yankees Triumphed During Prohibition
- These Chopines Weren't Made for Walking: Precarious Platforms for Aristocratic Feet
- Who Were the First Teenagers?
- The Last Laugh: Why Clowns Will Never Die
- Think You Know Ugly? Think Again
- Why Aren't Stories Like '12 Years a Slave' Told at Southern Plantation Museums?