At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- To Hell With Helvetica: Is an 1874 Type Catalog the World's Most Beautiful Book?
- Hippies, Guns, and LSD: The San Francisco Rock Band That Was Too Wild For the Sixties
- Pushing Buttons: In Our Divided America, Political Pinbacks Give Anyone a Voice
- Untangling the Tale of the Seven Sutherland Sisters and Their 37 Feet of Hair
- From Boy Geniuses to Mad Scientists: How Americans Got So Weird About Science
- Stranger Than Friction: When Matches Were Dangerous, Vestas Kept Us Safe
- The Art of Making People Go Away
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- The Mystery of the Phantom Page Turner
- Selling Shame: 40 Outrageous Vintage Ads Any Woman Would Find Offensive