At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Nice Ice: Valerie Hammond on the Genteel Charm of Vintage Canadian Costume Jewelry
- How Jim Heimann Got Crazy for California Architecture
- Modernist Man: Jock Peters May Be the Most Influential Architect You've Never Heard Of
- Meet Cute: Were Kokeshi Dolls the Models for Hello Kitty, Pokemon, and Be@rbrick?
- When the King of Comedy Posters Set His Surreal Sights on the World of Rock 'n' Roll
- How One Artist Makes New Art From Old Coloring Books and Found Photos
- Say Cheese! How Bad Photography Has Changed Our Definition of Good Pictures
- Middle Earthenware: One Family's Quest to Reclaim Its Place in British Pottery History
- Fancy Fowl: How an Evil Sea Captain and a Beloved Queen Made the World Crave KFC
- Heavenly Metal: How Trench Art Keeps the Memories of Soldiers and Their Service Alive