At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Happy Valentine's Day, I Hate You
- True West: Searching for the Familiar in Early Photos of L.A. and San Francisco
- A Filthy History: When New Yorkers Lived Knee-Deep in Trash
- Day of the Dolphin: How Vintage Florida Kitsch Masked a Grim Reality
- Battle of the Ax Men: Who Really Built the First Electric Rock 'n' Roll Guitar?
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- It Came From the '70s: The Story of Your Grandma's Weird Couch
- True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans
- Singing the Lesbian Blues in 1920s Harlem
- Selling Shame: 40 Outrageous Vintage Ads Any Woman Would Find Offensive