At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Wanna-Beats: In 1959, Café Bizarre Gave Straights an Entree Into Beatnik Culture
- How My Kid Lost a Game of 'Magic' to Its Creator But Scored a Piece of Its Original Art
- The Art of Dignity: Making Beauty Amid the Ugliness of WWII Japanese American Camps
- It Came From the '70s: The Story of Your Grandma's Weird Couch
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- Wind Power: How the 19th-Century's Greatest Shipbuilder Opened the Pacific
- Made for Misfits: The Colorful History of the Black Leather Jacket
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans
- Could Your Stuff Be Haunted? Ghostbusting the Creepiest Antiques