At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Wind Power: How the 19th-Century's Greatest Shipbuilder Opened the Pacific
- Hogancamp's Heroes: How Playing With Dolls Lets a Hate-Crime Survivor Fight Back
- If You're Too Young to Remember the Magic of Tower Records, Here's What You Missed
- It Came From the '70s: The Story of Your Grandma's Weird Couch
- True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans
- Stirred Not Shaken: How Do You End Up With 50,000 Swizzle Sticks?
- Letters of the Damned: Exorcising the Curse of the Petrified Forest
- Like a Fine Tobacco, the Pipe Smoking Revival Has Been a Slow Burn
- Before Steampunk: Star Wars’ 1800s Roots
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?