At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- In Disney's Golden Age, a Modernist Pioneer Designed the Perfect Animator's Desk
- Uncovering Clues in Frida Kahlo's Private Wardrobe
- Tarot Mythology: The Surprising Origins of the World's Most Misunderstood Cards
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- It Came From the '70s: The Story of Your Grandma's Weird Couch
- Demolishing the California Dream: How San Francisco Planned Its Own Housing Crisis
- Sword Swallowers and Shrunken Heads: An Ode to Johnny Fox and His Freakatorium
- Postcards From Big Brother: The Curious Propaganda of a Brutal Soviet Era
- Selling Shame: 40 Outrageous Vintage Ads Any Woman Would Find Offensive
- A Filthy History: When New Yorkers Lived Knee-Deep in Trash