At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Chanukah Americana: One Family's Search for the Perfect Menorah
- A Wonderful Life: How Postwar Christmas Embraced Spaceships, Nukes, Cellophane
- True Kilts: Debunking the Myths About Highlanders and Clan Tartans
- The Silver Trail: How An Italian Immigrant Made His Mark on Southwestern Jewelry
- The Mystery of the Phantom Page Turner
- From Folk to Acid Rock, How Marty Balin Launched the San Francisco Music Scene
- A Guide to Christmas Antiques and Vintage Christmas Decorations
- Should You Feel Guilty About Wearing Vintage Fur?
- Epic Ink: How Japanese Warrior Prints Popularized the Full-Body Tattoo
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?