At the risk of being counterintuitive, we’ve compiled a selection of our favorite unsexy costumes from holidays past, outfits that would make Marilyn Monroe look like a dowdy freakshow. Their proven ability to unflatter is downright frightening. Happy Halloween!
By Hunter Oatman-Stanford — October 18th, 2012
Top Articles on CW
- Ancient Androids: Even Before Electricity, Robots Freaked People Out
- Hoarders, Hauntings, and Two-Headed Cows: Dealing Dead People's Things
- Ian Macky Explains the Colors and History of Insulators
- The Great Wallpaper Rebellion: Defending Flamboyance in a World of White Walls
- Sex and Suffering: The Tragic Life of the Courtesan in Japan's Floating World
- Hippies, Guns, and LSD: The San Francisco Rock Band That Was Too Wild For the Sixties
- Before Rockwell, a Gay Artist Defined the Perfect American Male
- Hawaiian Style: The Roots of the Aloha Shirt
- These People Love to Collect Radioactive Glass. Are They Nuts?
- How Collecting Opium Antiques Turned Me Into an Opium Addict
Roll the Dice“ ” It wasn’t terribly appetizing. It didn't have that ‘I've-got-to-eat-this’ quality.