Another pic of the peg holes. Anyone recognize this pattern?

In Games > Show & Tell.
Games171 of 702a rare find...ping pong pull toy????Repost   Ebony cribbage board with Hindi or ? Urdu or what? writing on brass door?

PhilDavidAlexanderMorrisPhilDavidAlexanderMorris loves this.
AzTomAzTom loves this.
DrFluffyDrFluffy loves this.

Posted 12 months ago

cookerd01

This follow up to my last post, just can't seem to identify this game? Or use of this table. It's certainly turn of the century made

Comments

1. AzTom AzTom, 12 months ago
    That looks like it was an assembly table from a factory. Maybe string or wire fed up through the holes? May of had something fastened down the center as well.

Great looking table!
  2. cookerd01 cookerd01, 12 months ago
    Yea great thought, but the legs seem way to formal to be industrial. But that's a possibility. Thank you
  3. Jono Jono, 12 months ago
    It reminds me of a very primitive cribbage game.
  4. PhilDavidAlexanderMorris PhilDavidAlexanderMorris, 12 months ago
    Reminds me of all the big family Christmas dinners at our home. We could have used this fabulous table, gosh I wish I had one like it. The drawers I believe I see also suggest that this was originally used in a library.
  5. AzTom AzTom, 12 months ago
    Looking closer at the holes, it appears there was something screwed over each of the outside row of holes. Are there drawers on both sides? Anything on the bottom, screw holes, markings? Do the holes run the length of the table?

Could a small switchboard type unit, like for a factory or hospital.
    A lot of the old commercial pieces were more decorative than they were in later years.
  6. cookerd01 cookerd01, 12 months ago
    Take a look at my first post. It has better pics. The outside holes did have some kind of plate over each. there are three sets of these and a very different set at one end. It has four drawers, two on each side. Nothing on the bottom of the table to indicate a modification.