Vintage G.Whitman Beautiful Landscape Oil Painting

In Visual Art > Paintings > Show & Tell.
Paintings196 of 229Original painting by PRUdNIKlovely oil picture anyone KNOW THE ARTIST!!

hectordehectorde loves this.
flameveilflameveil loves this.
mrsing65mrsing65 loves this.
hotkittieshotkitties likes this.
masammonmasammon loves this.
cocacolakid97cocacolakid97 loves this.
LindaraylongLindaraylong loves this.

whitman75

I purchased this beautiful oil painting at an estate sale for 40.00. I am not an avid collector of art but this just called out to me. I have never in my life seen such a painting done with such beautiful vibrant color and detail. It is signed by G.Whitman but I have had a hard time finding info on this artist. The frame itself is large and ornate. This paintings is about 4 and a half feet in length nd over close to 3 ft high. I was hoping someone could shed some light on the artist or the value of this painting.

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. Glo, 4 years ago
    Hi, has the person that posted the pics ever found anymore info about G Whitman? Please let me know if you have. Thanks!
    Glo
  2. whitman75 whitman75, 4 years ago
    Sorry I havent had much luck. His painting on ebay vary greatly on prices so not sure. Do you have a painting of his as well?
  3. Lindaraylong, 4 years ago
    A friend of mine has one kind of like yours but her's is all in blue. One like her's was selling on Ebay for $800 and it was with out a frame. She payed $30 at a yard sale. Hers had 4 frames. I also got one at a yard sale for 10 dollers. mine is more like 3ftx2ft.I didn't even know mine was a G.whitman. Look on ebay and see if you can find one. Good luck.
  4. mark ward , 3 years ago
    Just found G Whitman painting of a sunset landscape with a mountain in the background
  5. karen wright, 3 years ago
    I have a G. Whitman landscape in hue's of orange sunset early fall with light dusting of snow. signature matches one I found on line going for an open bid of 8,000. Can't afford the apprisal fee's.. hoping for some help. posted photo on facebook if you wish to see.
  6. dani, 3 years ago
    Hi there,
    I have looking up that artist last night...on a couple of forum is was said, g whitman does not exist as a person, never has. Apparently a company had emploed various unknown artists and mass produced these paintings,and sold them cheap to tourists on airports and such...i can' remember the name though.
    I my slf have noiced, that the paintings are availibl world wide,I'm in New Zealand, also, the signatures on the paintings i have seen online vary greatly...sorry also can't remember the web sites for the discussion board.
  7. dani, 3 years ago
    Sorry about all the spelling mistakes...I've been writing this on my mobil. :)
  8. dani, 3 years ago
    http://www.askart.com interesting discussion on g whitman
  9. robert, 3 years ago
    i have a old oil painting its like 4 by 5 ft oak vintage frame the painting is a mountain with snow with trees on both sides and looks like the leaves are turning brown the detail is amazing considering its old it catches your eye there is also water in between can or is there a way to find out what is worth
  10. David, 3 years ago
    I have a G. Whitman oil painting no. 187925 an i don't know anything about it can someone help me out i got it at a yard sale for $10.00 it's in the frame
  11. monica lestik, 3 years ago
    i bought a painting,g.whitman for 10.00 #2009 do you know how much it is worth
  12. masammon, 3 years ago
    I have a G Whitman oil painting that I got at a thrift strore for $3.38 I love it and knew it was old becasue of its frame work. I do not know how much it is worth and would like to find out more about his work, any info would be great.
  13. Andrew D., 3 years ago
    A friend of mine purchased one similar in size but, his is of a fall forest scene. I alway's admired it. It was purchased in N.Y.C. from an art gallery for the sum of $175.00 (most of the art from local area artist). This was in the early 1980's. Some of Whitman's work is fine and some, not so fine. I Don't know which came first. Would like to know more about this artist myself ! Age, living or dead ? etc.
  14. tim, 3 years ago
    i have a whitman painting,no frame, on the back in the certification stamp is #9750.on the folde over canvas it reads aiesis-aiesis 9-7-77 j.gipper #266.maybe from an auction?the painting is approx.12 x 12.any info about this on what its worth would be very helpful..thankx
  15. workingit, 3 years ago
    I just posted my G. Whitman painting on here, take a look.
  16. flameveil, 2 years ago
    how much is the oil painting of a landscape that is signed worth?