Old frame with brass lion drawer pulls and some nature oddities

All items78836 of 107338Vintage Bike SirenPimple Ball

tom61375tom61375 loves this.
vanskyock24vanskyock24 loves this.
wolcott1wolcott1 loves this.

Hedgewalker

Found this old frame at a local shop added two drawer pulls I had and some critter pics I took.
I took some Birch Bark soaked and flattened it and added some spikes from a Honey Locust tree to make the hanging in the third and fourth pic.

Comments

1. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Thanks scandi !!
  2. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Hey scandi, The critter in the top center is a Cicada.The bottom center is a Sphinx Moth.The top left is an Ebony Jewel Wing damselfly
  3. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Those are the discarded shells after they shed.Here is a good link.They are actually pretty cool critters.
  4. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Yeah and I love their serenade . A beautiful sound. Sad that it signals the end of their life.They are quite impressive to see fly also but a bit awkward.And very beautiful creatures up close.
  5. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Up at 5:00 night scandi .
  6. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Take a look and listen.
  7. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Thanks again scandi !! The underside is white on the mature ones.Sometimes with the right light it looks almost silver.
  8. wolcott1, 3 years ago
    I love cicadas, I always get excited when I find one outdoors. Very cool frame and great photos! I like what you did with the birch bark... I've kept many birch bark pieces in the past, because they are so beautiful, but never knew what to do with them/ how to display them to do them justice. Nice!
  9. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Thank you wolcott !!!! I find these Honey Locust trees near an old farmers dump nearby(scary thing is these grow out of the trunk as well as branches...several at eye level...ouch!) and wanted to make something with them.This is what I came up with.
  10. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 3 years ago
    Thanks scandi !!! Hope the New Year brings you the joy you bring to others !!!!
  11. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 2 years ago
    Hey scandi...their serenade starts in late summer.