Formia Murano Glass Shark

In Art Glass > Murano and Italian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Murano and Italian Art Glass606 of 613murano tutti fruiti bowlMurano stemware/goblets (Barovier and Toso perhaps?)

jimborascojimborasco loves this.
GreatsnowyowlGreatsnowyowl loves this.
oceanwavesoceanwaves loves this.
DolphinGirlDolphinGirl loves this.

tjshillaire
(1 item)

I recently was left this Murano Shark, approx. 20", and would like to know if anyone out there knows its "value".

Comments

1. tjshillaire, 4 years ago
    I also inherited several other large pieces. I have been unable to find any of the pieces I have in any catalogs. I know they are older pieces, but have no idea of their value for insurance purposes.
  2. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    I found this piece on ebay just for comparison.

3. tjshillaire, 4 years ago
    Thanks...I appreciate your comment and will check that link out.
  4. Savoychina1 Savoychina1, 4 years ago
    Here is a message board that may also be able to help. If you have more pictures I would enjoy trying to find them for you (but no promises!)

5. Andie, 4 years ago
    If it is genuine and in good condition/perfect condition then could be worth quite a lot up to 5k.
    lot of fakes out there though.
    however yours looks the real deal.
    I bought one similar but with black shading on the shark for 50pence uk
    and was not convinced it was gen, but have had it assesed and it is.
    lucky me .
  6. TJ Shillaire, 4 years ago
    Thanks for your input Andie....I am still doing research because I would hate to sell it if it was worth money. I agree, so many pieces circulating are not what they are said TO BE : (
  7. DolphinGirl, 3 years ago
    Is is signed on the underbelly? My dolphins are signed " Veni " and I'm having a hard time finding anything on them, too.
  8. oceanwaves, 2 years ago
    LOVE THIS!!!!! Please contact me at oceanwaves@mediacombb.net as I have some information you might be interested in.
  9. oceanwaves, 2 years ago
    Hi TJ, I know it's value, and approximate age, as I purchased an Identical one some years back. I can also tell you what I paid for it, and where I bought it, so you can verify my information. If you are interested, please contact me at oceanwaves@mediacombb.net
    Sherri (: