Posted 4 years ago
My husband found 2 oil lamps on our property (our house was built in the late 20s-early 30s). We don't think they're very old, but aren't sure how old they are. I posted a picture of one of them so you can see what they look like. Anyway, they smell like they've had kerosene oil in them. We can clean them out to get rid of the smell, but are wondering if we can replace the oil with a non-kerosene type and still be able to use them for light (in case of a power outtage). My husband seems to be very sensitive to the odor of kerosene. It'd be really nice to be able to use a scented oil if we can. Please let me know if this is possible, or if it would ruin the lamps. Thanks!