Loetz crackle jug

In Art Glass > Loetz Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Loetz Art Glass1057 of 1323Loetz Dresser Jar, Hans Bolek design, Form Nr. 812/12 cm, ca. 1916 - with original paper labelLötz vases: Bronce Glass & Olympia Glatt

Moonstonelover21Moonstonelover21 loves this.
lovedecanterslovedecanters loves this.
dlfd911dlfd911 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.
DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
AmberRoseAmberRose loves this.
LondonloetzlearnerLondonloetzlearner loves this.

Woman34

Thanks to Vetraio I am delighted to say that I actually own a Loetz piece:). I am more than elated- I am so grateful for this site and all the wonderful, sweet and knowledgeable collectors here! Antiques Roadshow has nothing on Collector's Weekly:))) Oh and this was from the sale, $2.

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 3 years ago
    Check out "Loetz jug Koloman Moser" on Google images and you will see other examples. It is a crackle version? I reckon you did well.
  2. Woman34 Woman34, 3 years ago
    Vetraio don't get my heart racing here, did you actually tell me to check Loetz???!
    I don't think I can take it if I have a Loetz piece because that just doesn't happen to me- I was just thinking about all the great pieces of art glass that you and the others have, and I think where in the world do you get these pieces, and it's like constant posting of these beautiful pieces.
  3. Woman34 Woman34, 3 years ago
    Oh my gosh, I just checked it looks just like one! Alright, I really don't know what to type now, lol. I hope that's what it is. I just assume it was a crackle glass pitcher, but I did think the handle was unusual. Thank you Vetraio so much!
  4. Londonloetzlearner Londonloetzlearner, 3 years ago
    Hi - great find! Hard to tell from the pic exactly - is it pink? if it is - even better!
    Take a look at this - https://sites.google.com/site/loetzandglass/loetz-the-km-pitcher
  5. Woman34 Woman34, 3 years ago
    Hi Londonloetz- yes it's pink:). The reason I'm shocked is because from what I've mostly seen with Loetz, it looks nothing like this- I am used to seeing the pieces that resemble Tiffany favrile or Steuben, which goes to show that I still have so much to learn. I have learned so much already by coming to this site on art glass, so it will be even easier (I hope) in the rare chance I find another piece on my hunts:). I am still so happy about my find:).
  6. Londonloetzlearner Londonloetzlearner, 3 years ago
    All kinds of unexpected things turn out to be Loetz - it's the Victorian pre-nouveau/jugendstil and the post, deco pieces that catch me out too. Pink - don't tell Alfredo, I don't think he has this particular jug in pink!
  7. AmberRose AmberRose, 3 years ago
    Awesome, you have some great finds!