Pottery Vase, Unglazed Exterior w/Folk? Painted Design~Nice, Unknown, Signature

In Art Pottery > Show & Tell and Folk Art > Show & Tell.
Art Pottery3112 of 5304JARU VaseWeller pieces

nldionnenldionne loves this.
shell59shell59 loves this.
miKKoChristmas11miKKoChristmas11 loves this.

Budek

Hello Yet Again,
I've had this vase for years, can't remember where I picked it up, I just run across it once and a while and admire it anew.
It's a pretty humble piece, with a nice shape and an interesting design.
It stands only 5+1/2 inches high, but visually feels bigger than that
I love the design and signature,.....bold, deliberate, handsome, and accomplished, certainly not a amateur artist
I hope it looks familiar to someone.

Thanks a lot,
best wishes for a great week ahead,
Tonino

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    I had a look at the signature. The movement of the brushstrokes suggests to me that that photo could be turned 90 degrees to the right.
    I think it might be a Japanese mark.
    See what you think!
  2. Budek Budek, 2 years ago
    Thanks for the love and comments, Tony, Dionne, Kevin, & Sean
  3. shell59, 2 years ago
    OMG I have been trying to figure out about my little jug / pitcher for awhile now. I thought it was Pennslyvania Tanware because they used clovers and well numerous reasons. The artists are the same. it is the exact same paintings and color. I am at work but when I get home I am going to post a picture of it and the bottom. My signature looks like initials. It also has a faded red X. I am so excited to see this. Maybe with two of us we can figure it out. Also how many years have you had it?
  4. Budek Budek, 2 years ago
    Hello Shell, Thanks for the excited message.
    I'm happy to know that there's a relative to my piece out there somewhere.
    I've had this for 10 years or so and always loved it.
    Wouldn't it be great if we could figure out who made these lovely pieces that we have?
    Thanks for being in touch, I look forward to seeing your jug.
    Best Regards,
    Tony.
  5. shell59, 2 years ago
    Hi, I posted the pics let me know what you think.

Michelle