Menage a Trois!!! I Wish! haha Art Deco oil paintings! 2nd one maybe Arab? Need help! No signatures

In Art Deco > Show & Tell and Posters and Prints > Art Posters > Show & Tell.
Art Deco1083 of 2172Art Deco Sparklet Syphon w/ Original BoxMidnight Face Powder box - Rachelle Light

DeanteaksDeanteaks loves this.
mrmajestic1mrmajestic1 loves this.
bratjddbratjdd loves this.
crabbykinscrabbykins loves this.

toracat

Hello these are large oil paintings, as you can see. The pretty woman with flowers is art deco. The other is? art deco or ? No signatures on either one of them! I especially like the woman with flowers! The other one was hanging by my camel saddle bags, but maybe not Arab? The hat I am wearing is from a Shriners Circus from Idaho, no one bid on it, and the leather hat box is also special from New York City says Anthony Nizzardini 175 5th Avenue N Y. City. He was a real character! Weird person, the articles and book he wrote! Really! Interesting!

Comments

1. bratjdd bratjdd, 2 years ago
    I love it!!! You look awesome in the middle of to beautiful ladies!!
  2. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Thanks!!
  3. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 years ago
    Great Fez! I' m sure you've heard of Tamara de Lempicka, but I think this one is a copy.
  4. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    I have not heard of Tamara de Lempicka, but will look it up! I have been to Fez Morocco! Is 2nd painting art deco? By the way I bought my first Murano glass vase today!! Will post in a few days after arrival!! It is pretty! bye thanks for looking!
  5. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Thanks Bellin! Happy valentines day to you!
  6. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    I just read Madonna is big collector! The paintings sell at auctions for 5-7 million! oil copies (like mine 24 X 36) sell for $300-$800) so I am happy and again learned a lot! a couple companies sell artist oil copies!
  7. toracat toracat, 2 years ago

Date Shipped 2/8/2013 12:25:44 PM
    Tracking # 949003834514835
    Item Price Qty Total
    # 12390470 - Original Oil On Canvas of Lady Holding Flowers $71.99 1 $71.99
    Shipping & Handling $17.55
    Tax $0.00
    Adjustment $0.00
    Total $89.54
    I paid This amount!! I like it!!!
  8. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    The "Arab" lady is late 1920's/1930's for sure, so it could be included as Art Deco in terms of timing... or at least as a result of the crazy styles of those wonderful years!

I guess because of Hollywood movies, there was such a trend on Arab style in the States during the 20s. When I was living in Miami back in 2003 I learnt about Opa-Locka, one of the cities in Dade County that was built in a style based on the One Thousand and One Nights theme in 1926. Here is a link about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opa-Locka_Thematic_Resource_Area
  9. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Thanks! I really enjoyed reading about Opa-Locka! Bernhardt Muller did a wonderful job designing these buildings! I am surprised they were not built more! I would love to have a house like the Long House! My camel saddlebags, and camel saddle, (from Egypt), and giant pitcher, and Moroccan teapot would look good in that house! I will post my saddle in a few days! thanks again!
  10. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    Well, apparantly there were many more moorish-revival buildings but some disappeared with the 1926 hurricane and others I guess were demolished to build newer stuff...
  11. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    I read that! Those buildings and houses to me are really beautiful, very clean, and safe looking! and what child or adult wouldn't want a tower or a round domed ceiling! I loved the architecture of Spanish Sahara, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia. I spent about 6 months in these countries. A man in Algeria in 1972 literally grabbed me and pulled me into his house for a big dinner! His wife and 3 children and I had a wonderful time. I could ramble on for hours about the hospitality of the people I met on this trip!
  12. austrohungaro austrohungaro, 2 years ago
    It's funny you mention Spanish Sahara as it's been a part of Morocco for almost 40 years - It should have been an independent country...
  13. toracat toracat, 2 years ago
    Now it is Western Sahara! I think 1000's on camels etc. were going to attack and Spain ran!! But Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania, claim for minerals and also they want to be independent, maybe they are! see my post with Morocco teapot and lock!! see me at 22 yr. old crossing desert! I took Sp. Military ship from Canary Is. to there! I have many photos of Spanish soldiers, wow they look tough! I was back from Vietnam and we had a good time on ship! made amphibious landing!!