Child's Humpback Chest

In Furniture > Trunks > Show & Tell.
Trunks793 of 809Non's Atticmy trunk

wsvincentwsvincent loves this.
lisalisa loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
imanderimander loves this.
samuelson70samuelson70 loves this.

LauraJ27

Can't get any better than this trunk! :)
All original lithographs inside! Excellent condition.
Most beautiful trunk I've ever seen & complete!

VALUE? I have no idea what it could be worth? Do you?
Any information would help me.
Thanks, Laura J.

Comments

1. samuelson70, 4 years ago
    Wow, that is just beautiful!!
  2. nannah nannah, 4 years ago
    thats a great trunk!!! beautiful litho
  3. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    I found it on craigs list!! :)
  4. nannah nannah, 4 years ago
    AWESOME !! I GOT 3 OF THEM LAST YEAR ON CRAIGS LIST AND RESTORED THEM FOR MY KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS
  5. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    :) Thats great! I found a chest very similar to mine on a websight and it was going for like $2,500.00!!! :)
  6. nannah nannah, 4 years ago
    i know isnt it fun ? when my grandson turned 3 i restored a huge camel back trunk for a treasure chest [he liked pirates ] after i found the same chest on line in terrible shape for 1800.00 most expensive toy box ive ever seen but he loves it
  7. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    Oh wow! How awesome. I love it! I love ''treasure hunting'' never know what you're going to find. It is truely the ''thrill'' of the ''hunt''. It totally gives me a rush! This is my fav. websight, lol. :) I just read n look what all people post on here. I am heading home to my parents this weekend and I am going to take some pics of things they wanna know more about n such for them. They are major antique people!! :D
  8. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    :) Thanks! It was Mom's Christmas gift.
  9. renoir911 renoir911, 4 years ago
    Beautiful!
  10. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    Thanks :o)
  11. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    Value? Anyone know?
  12. nannah nannah, 4 years ago
    here in the st louis mo. area even if you didnt have the tray and if the litho was i bad shape you could get about 200.00 so id say about 400.00 the shape its in
    but im betting you dont want to sell it !! ill tell mom
  13. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    haha! No she will never sell it. I seen one like this on a site for like 2,500.00 I am assuming it could be way more than $400.00 according to that. These chest are very expensive especially in this type of conditon! :)
  14. Marvin, 4 years ago
    Hi Laura, I just saw your nice old trunk. I have specialized in restoring, collecting and selling antique trunks for almost 40 years. Your trunk is a cross slat pattern metal covered trunk pattented by Charles Taylor of Chicago, which was a style made by many trunk companies between the mid 1880's until about 1910. The complete interior is the feature hardest to find in this type trunk, because it is not a rare style trunk. I would really like to see where anyone could ever get a price like 2,500 because realistically this trunk has a wholesale value of about $250 to 300 and a retail value in the range of $600 to 800 in most areas. I sold a similar one not long ago with a complete beautiful interior for $750. I hope this helps even if it's not what you want to hear, it is realistic. Marvin from ThisOldTrunk.com Antique Trunks and related historical items.
  15. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 4 years ago
    Hi Marvin,
    Oh wow well that is still way more than what I paid for this trunk! :) I only said that b/c I see one very similar to mine on a site & it was selling for $2,500-. Not sure, thanks so much for all this information!! Very helpful!!
    LAURA :)
  16. TrunkerMarvin TrunkerMarvin, 4 years ago
    Asking price is one thing... getting it is another...I've seen examples of crazy prices on many things.. Have fun pickin! Marvin =)
  17. senor_trunk senor_trunk, 4 years ago
    found my goyard and jenny lind on craigs list at antique store, couldn't believe it
  18. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 3 years ago
    :) VALUE?!
  19. LauraJ27 LauraJ27, 3 years ago
    What do you all think of my chest :)