Shipwreck coin found metal detecting

In US Coins > US Colonial Coins > Show & Tell and World Coins > Spanish Coins > Show & Tell.
US Colonial Coins1 of 91787 colonial coin M-19-g.4Rare Early Colonial?

mrcolorzmrcolorz loves this.
RonMRonM loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
walksoftlywalksoftly loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.

Victoriank…

My wife found another awesome coin while vacationing on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Can anyone tell me the country of origin and era the coin is from? I can't find anything like it, I did find a similar coin from the Dominican Republic but its not exactly like it. If anyone can share any info it would greatly be appreciated!

Comments

1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    Pics aren't very clear on several shots. Can you do better?
  2. Victoriankitty Victoriankitty, 2 years ago
    I took more pictures but I don't see how I can edit my post? The 2 pictures next to the dime show pretty much all the detail you can see. I haven't tried cleaning the coin....I don't think it would help? Thanks for your reply.
  3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    I'm certainly no expert on old coins but they don't appear Spanish from my experience. The simple 3 point crown looks pre-America's to me. Hoping somebody comes along who can tell us.
  4. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    The edit link is on the left of the screen just below the love & like tabs.
  5. Victoriankitty Victoriankitty, 2 years ago
    Thanks Walksoftly! I wasn't logged in, that's why I didn't see the edit link.
  6. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    With the clearer pics. it looks like G R which should be English. Their G looked like lower case back then. Still thinking with the simple style crown that it is very early. I like old coins & was hoping somebody with knowledge would have shown up by now.
  7. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago
    It's had lots of clippings taken from it.
  8. mrcolorz mrcolorz, 2 years ago
    Looks like some sort of cob coin(pirate)...1600's...Should compare to others you can find...otherwise quite common...I have one made from lead...mine was cleaned, ruined the value...Never sell anything before seeing one just like it...
  9. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
    To my knowledge, pirates never minted coins. Of course with the exception of modern pirates.
  10. walksoftly walksoftly, 2 years ago